Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Sweet car
By teen16

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am 16 and my parents bought me this as my first car. i like it. it's really reliable i have 78,500 mi on it now and it runs like it just came off the line. the thing I don't like about it is it doesn't get the best gas mileage but what can you do. It also is a old person car. But I am slowly making it nicer by putting a cold air in it, muffler system and a body kit when I'm done with it it wont look like a old person car. Or sound like it.

leg room and trunk space

I love this car
By Papa Billnye

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best one I have ever owned out of 6 in my life of 22 years. I have had some small issues with it like a secondary air pump go out and a fast wearing set of rear brakes but since I have put 4 new tires on the car it rides like a Cadillac but better because it costs a lot less then a Caddy.

Wow were to start, the MPG is great almost 28 on the highway going 85 to 90 MPH. Handling is great minus the body roll but with a good set of shoes this car can do anything. The heated/power seats and just the way the car takes the road on makes it a poor mans Cadillac. I love my car

None so far I have put 14000 miles on it in 9 months and I have no complaints for a car with 122K on its plate

I love this car!
By rzb1992

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For over a few years, I've been wanting to have my own Intrigue and I was finally fortunate enough to get one for my birthday. (Thankfully I got my license). I love this car. It has a lot of power, is very comfortable, and has been very reliable for me. The sound system is amazing, and it's not even the optional bose system. Only expected maintainance for the age and mileage.

Sleek, sporty, styling. "the best I've seen!" Reliable, affordable, and cool (even for a teenager!)

GM bring back Oldsmobile

Good Vehicle
By ProFinishesCustom

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drove this car from Jacksonville, FL to Portland, OR. It was comfortable, the only problem I had with the vehicle was that the coolant resivour had cracked in Texas. I replaced it and we went on our way and made it to Oregon with no problems at all. This vehicle overall, I would probably rate it a high 8 or mid 9.

The stereo and the comfort our my favorite features. The fact that the antenna is in the rear window is nice.

Needs a little more torque and horsepower, or better gas mileage. For the power it puts out, it should get a little better gas mileage.

Great Car
By The Five-O

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot. I've had this car for a little over a year and have already put almost 30,000 miles on it. It's taken me on numerous trips, one from Michigan to Florida, without a problem and use it to commute 20 miles back and forth to work and school everyday. I love the car. However, it's been having issues with the passive security system and sometimes won't let me start the car. Other than that it has been a great car.

The design of the car; it's very sleek and looks great. The cornering lights actually come in handy at night, and the heated seats are great.

Maybe add a V8 engine?