Used 2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

I love this car
By Papa Billnye

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been the best one I have ever owned out of 6 in my life of 22 years. I have had some small issues with it like a secondary air pump go out and a fast wearing set of rear brakes but since I have put 4 new tires on the car it rides like a Cadillac but better because it costs a lot less then a Caddy.

Wow were to start, the MPG is great almost 28 on the highway going 85 to 90 MPH. Handling is great minus the body roll but with a good set of shoes this car can do anything. The heated/power seats and just the way the car takes the road on makes it a poor mans Cadillac. I love my car

None so far I have put 14000 miles on it in 9 months and I have no complaints for a car with 122K on its plate

Great Car
By The Five-O

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I drive a lot. I've had this car for a little over a year and have already put almost 30,000 miles on it. It's taken me on numerous trips, one from Michigan to Florida, without a problem and use it to commute 20 miles back and forth to work and school everyday. I love the car. However, it's been having issues with the passive security system and sometimes won't let me start the car. Other than that it has been a great car.

The design of the car; it's very sleek and looks great. The cornering lights actually come in handy at night, and the heated seats are great.

Maybe add a V8 engine?

Olds Intrigue
By Narby

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 Intrigue is the finest car I've ever owned. It just turned 150,000 miles and is still going strong. The only repairs I've had to pay for are an alternator and a brake job. I would have preferred that GM drop Buick rather than Oldsmobile.

The steering, suspension and seat warmers.

Can't think of a one.

Great car
By Griffin

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Oldsmobile. It was a natural replacement for my '97 Cutlass Supreme. You can definately feel the quality difference between the two cars. I chose a beautiful Ruby Red Metallic GL with every option available on that model. The 3.5L DOHC engine is so smooth you forget it's running! The car is very well-built and you can really notice the quality of the car.

I love the heated leather seats, sunroof, excellent stereo, headlight / taillight styling, smooth engine, effortless acceleration, and cornering lamps.

Add an "Off" button for the automatic headlights.

Love this car
By HollySw3

2001 Oldsmobile Intrigue GL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am married with 3 kids. I used to drive a Chevy Blazer and suprisingly enough the back seat in the intrigue is wider than the Blazer's back seat. The car runs great and is very comfortable. I just got it but bought it used and to this day I have had no problems with it. It is a sharp car!

I like that is has a CD player and tape player. Also really like radio control on the steering wheel.

None.