Used 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

Love my 2000 Olds Intrigue!
By lanova

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

Reading everyone’s issues here w/their Intrigue, guess I got lucky.
Bought mine new in 2000 with 10 km on it.
Thought I had a lemon with problems of it overheating & adjustments were made to thermostat in 2nd year. Never had much heat after that unless I was doing 120km on the hwy driving easterly on a sunny day.
Since I was having hot flashes & driving mostly hwy anyway, didn’t matter much, but I digress.

I don’t consider normal wear and tear, tie-rod replacement in 11 years, etc, much to wine about. It had routine maintenance every 5K km. It now has 330,150 km & still going strong. But since I drive hwy a lot & no cell phone, I was worried about the reliability this winter. Not to mention how much longer it would last before incurring major costs. Interior is like new except for driver seat, it currently gets about 600 km to a tank of gas, eats an extra litre or two of oil between changes and coolant leaks but not enough that I had to top up between oil changes.

Other than lack of heat on the windshield, not much to complain about. Love my Intrigue, excellent vehicle & very smart looking vehicle! Will be so sad to see my baby go…

Awesome car
By snewberry

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

I bought mine brand new and have not had any problems. You just have to take care of your car.

Value went down too quickly considering brand new it was a 25,000.00 car.

2000 Olds Intrigue GL
By jroy94

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When we bought ours about 3 months ago I loved it. But now, the crankshaft sensor needs to be replaced, the starter needs to be replaced and the gas needle has this problem where it still has 6 gallons of gas after it gets to E. Other than those problem it's a good running car. Plenty of power and handles like a sports car.

The power and handling.

2000 Intrigue Never again
By pc911

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 Intrugue about 6 years ago, had 60,000 miles on it, to date have had to replace. computer and they had to have a mach. from the Cadalac dealership program it because they could't do it.wheel ABS sensor, Altenater, exshaust system, ingnition, wiper motor, AC,
had it towed 6 times, wipers again won't shut off, electric gas door was a dumb idea, all in all I wouldn't buy another one, or take it for free, I used to love Old's but not this one.

Best Car for the money
By carguy140

2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Hello, I have sat here for a while and read all of the reviews on this site. I am at a crossroads with my intrigue. This car has by far been the best investment I have made in a vehicle. I purchased my intrigue as a lease turn in at 31,000 miles back in 2003. What really caught my eye about this car was the mix of styling and handling.Well I am happy to say I have had a very good experience. My intrigue today has 188k miles, other then 2 wheel bearings, 1 at 110k, 1 at 133k on other side, and 2 window motors this has been reliable and still runs great! MAINTAINANCE is key to any vehicle, change your fluids and these cars go a long time. My crossroads is what to buy now as great as this was?

roomy interior and plenty of go with great fuel mileage,

better design on the window motors and mounting clips