Used 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

intrigue
By olds98

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

the oldsmobile intrigue is a good car. But it has its downs too. i like this car cause it looks good, it fits 6ft tall adults comfortable in every seat. when someone backed up on me and it was a big jeep and it didnt do anything to my car. and it has lots of power in it, for a big car it tops out at 130 mph. for my car i only had to replace the window motors, blinkers, flywheel, and a oil leak, and thats all. its also good on gas 30 to 35 mpg on highway.

its 200 hp. its great handling around turns. its comforting interior. its good on gas for a big v6

i only wish that they made a 2 door intrigue not a 2 door alero. and they should have made that window motor and thing around it out of metal instead of plastic.

OldmoJOKE
By idiots

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Whoever came up with the vehicle assembly on this car should be punched square in the pants. No matter what you need to get to on the car, there's something in the way. I have to fix something in it at least every two weeks. The struts have gone out twice since i got it 3 years ago. All in all, I would suggest staying as far away as possible.

Bose stereo, and it still starts.

I'd say stop making it, but they clearly read my mind in advance. I'm glad buying this car new is no longer an option.

Best Ever
By Bill215

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought this former rental with 29,000 on it and have never regretted a minute of ownership. Repairs have been replacement of turn signal bulbs and driver's side window motor (80,000 mi.) It is a pleasure to drive on highways or twisty back roads. The 3.8 engine is smooth and has never given any trouble. It's only 195 hp, but always feels stronger. When it had 80,000 mi. on it, I took it to LA and back (1100+ mi.) and it averaged 31.5 mpg. at Interstate speeds. Did another 1100 mi. jaunt to AZ five months ago and did almost as well on gas. I've owned them all, foreign and domestic, and this is the best. GM was nuts to stop production.

Handling, ride, performance, appearance. Still looks and runs great.

Inside trim, maybe.

My Oldsmobile Intrigue Experience
By Joe

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GX 4dr Sedan

This car could well be the unsung hero of the Oldsmobile division. I received this car when my grandmother passed away, and so far, it is the best car I have driven. The car has the 3800 Series 2 (L36) engine, with the 4T65E transmission. The engine can be quiet, or aggressive sounding when wanted, the transmission can shift smoother than my dad's Lexus. I was hit at 25 mph by a truck, and the only thing damaged, was a cracked taillight and an inch scratch on the bumper. This car is the safest, most reliable car I have ever driven. Perfect for a teenager. It is a beautiful car. If I had the money, I would buy another one. Just follow the maintenance schedule, and this car will last 200K+ miles

Handling is perfect, Always seems to be extra power when you need it. Good leg room in back.

Bring it back. It should have come with the supercharged 3800.

Mostly great, with a couple issues
By El Manuel

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I love this car, I've had it for 8 years and have only had minimum repairs required. One problem is that they seemed to make the power window assemblies poorly. The metal chord attached to a pulley and motor snaps in cold weather. I've replaced 5 in my car. another problem is the vinyl where the passenger airbag is seems to be coming apart. Other than that its a great car. Comfortable, pretty decent gas milage for a 6 cyl, handles very well. If they still made these I'd buy a brand new one.

attractive dashboard, power steering on wheel and easy to use

better engineering on the power windows