Used 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrigue model:

10 Years Young
By Pat

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought my Intrigue off the showroom floor in August 1998. This has been the BEST car ever. I've never had one problem. It only has 41,750 miles now! I'm getting ready to trade only for the fact that I'm tired of the same car for 10 years!

Safe Car
By Ashley

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car when my van quit on me. I loved it! It was very roomy and nice. Had a great sunroof, sound system, and 6 disc changer. The gas was great also....However, son flipped it 4 times, and rammed into a tree and walked out with no injuries. This car is extremely safe and built well!!

Sunroof, Leather Interior, 6 Disc changer, and Sound System.

None. It was really a great car.

Fun to Drive and ASTOUNDING Reliability
By Steve

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

We bought this car new and have been absolutely ecstatic with our purchase ever since. The car is very comfortable, handles well, is fun to drive, seats 5 comfortably, and has been surprisingly reliable. With 115,000 miles on it since purchased in 11/1997, we have had to perform a grand total of 2 (two) repairs other than routine maintenance. The starter had to be replaced at around 60,000 miles and at 110,000, the automatic headlight sensor was replaced. The fuel-door release button popped off a few years ago and was never found (fortunately I can stick my pinky in and trigger the release), and the electric window control panel on the armrest has been loose almost since new.

Comfort, handling, luxury features, reliability.

The only complaint is that some of the plastic interior components seem cheap, especially given the fact that this was a higher-end car (see above).

It's a Great Old Man Car
By CanonGuy

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 155,000 miles on it. It is a rather large car, but it gets excellent gas mileage. I averaged low 20s in the city and high 20s on the highway. I mainly used it for winter, cause its fwd and with snow tires I managed to go everywhere. I replaced the rotors at 164,000 miles. It needed new belt a little while after that at 189,000 miles. The intake manifold went and it cost $1,500 for new engine, but considering the miles, I sold it to my mechanic. I see that he's been driving it around, so it must be doing good.

Everything. I would buy a new one if they still made them.

Well they discontinued Oldsmobile, which was a bad move.

Four Wheeled Hand Me Down
By Preston

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan

I got the car from my senior citizen parents. It has 36,000 miles on it. It is clean and good driving once in motion. It has a problem with not going into gear out of park when it is cool until the car is warmed up for at least five to eight minutes. No mater how hard I push that shift button, it won't budge. The dealer says "I don't know what it can be just bring it in. Right. But the car itself is very likable. It is bright and with good visibility. If it wasn't for the transmission problem (shifter), I'd keep it over my 1995 Cougar, but one has to go and with 127,000 miles the Cougar still purrrs along so Intrigue while it's otherwise a very pleasant car has to go.

It has nice pick up. It has good temperature control in the summer or winter. Also, the rear seat armrest opens up to the trunk for hauling long objects like skis or an orange picker.

I really don't like front drive cars. The transmission is weak. The steering link even with low mileage has a slight wobble through turns at slow speeds.