Used 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

View reviews for a specific Cutlass Supreme model:

A real convertible for real adults
By Indy

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2dr Convertible

Bought this as a summer toy for my wife. Other than being grievously lied to by the seller, the car has been perfect for us as a family to tool around in, and it gets plenty of affirmative (and envious) looks from other drivers. It's fun to drive, and with the sports package handles much better than you'd expect a car of this size to handle. Unfortunately, GM in it's infinite wisdom pulled the plug on this model, and eventually all Oldsmobiles, ending a great run. However, if you can find one, and are ready to hang on to it for a few years, it should prove to be a reasonable investment in the future, as so few of them were made.

Ragtop! It's a classy style, with the faux roll bar, and decent handling. The interior upgrade to the '95 is much better and comfortable than the earlier models, especially with the passenger side airbag.

3.4 engine is a pain, with low MPG. Brake system on all the GM W-bodies leave a lot to be desired, and being a conversion model, finding parts is extremely difficult. Don't buy one unless you're ready for a challenge - but they're going to be worth money in a few years as so few were made.

Drive it until the wheels fall off.
By Lovemycar

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

My car was purchased used in 1999. I divorced the next year and know nothing about cars, the biggest expense was replacing the head gaskets, which was over $1,000 repair. At that time the car had 97,000 miles on it. The antenna motor has stopped working and the antenna has broken, I have had to replace the brakes several times. The rear strut completely broke last year and I nearly lost a tire. My car now has 108,000 miles on it. I parked it in the garage for a year and purchased a 2001 Grand Am, saved enough to have the Cutlass repaired and sold the Grand Am..This car is like an old friend and still looks great. It's a single woman's dream car. I am hoping to get another 100,000 miles !

my car looks sporty, it's red with the spoiler on the trunk, I have tinted the windows, it's a sharp car. It also has black leather interior and is a very comfortable car to drive.

the door lock covers are always loose and only have one screw holding them on, bad design.

one of my favorites
By john H

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 2dr Convertible

Purchased 12/2001 with 68,000 miles, now has 114,000 and going great, but having trouble finding parts for convertible only. Lost the paint color chip when I replaced spare tire cover, trunk leaked and ruined it. Top leaks but only in heavy rain, heard it was a common problem. I need a top, and a few minor trim items repaired that probably I only notice, but it still looks great and gets comments on how good it looks.

Handling and ride, standard features

Since it's no longer in production, this doesn't matter, but the top could be better made. The inside liner seems to have shrunk a bit. Also have error code 20 on cd player, what's that about?

This car is great
By ryan_atty

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

I love to drive this car. It's reliable and the only problem I have is that it over heats occasionaly, but still I couldn't have asked for more. This car will run for a long long time if I take care of it. I'm never going to get rid of it unless I have to.

Nothing this car is great

Best Car Ever
By FLORIDA OWNER

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme S 4dr Sedan

Bought this full featured car new and it was very reliable. Other than replacing alternator no other maintenance (other than regular upkeep) required. I would still be driving this car except it was stolen in home invasion - I would have given him life sentence, not for what he did to me but for totaling "betsie". She was great on acceleration, handling and sharp looking even on the day she was stolen.

Was "looking good after all these years" terrific mileage - rated 18 was getting 22 city. Was rear ended 3 times at stop signs, once very hard. Rear bumper very good - no damage to my car, can't say the same for the other guy.

Stems on dash knobs broke a couple of times, but what can you expect sitting in FL sun for 11 years? Trim around rear window showing deterioration (no leak) after 10 years.