Used 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada

View reviews for a specific Bravada model:

Never buy a discontinued brand!
By Kyle

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 80,000 miles. Needed a car that was not so low to the ground because of my back. Wish I would have bought an old 9 Taurus. This car has fallen apart on me, the transfer case got a hole blown in it. So now its going to cost me $1700 dollars to replace, not including labor. I cant drive it because the drive shaft is laying in my garage and now I have no car because I'm on a fixed income. I will never buy a discontinued brand again. The devil in mechanical form!

heated seats (if they worked). climate control (if it worked) . six disc CD player

Don't make the transfer case specific to just one year and model of a car. This one shares the same frame with a traiblazer and an envoy. Why!

super car
By john C

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

this is my first SUV, it is awsome to drive although i quickly found out how much Gas an SUV will run through. the only problems are the gas and the ride. the ride is smooth and awsome, although on longer trips i soon get annoyed by the slight sway of the vehicle. any pothole, bump, or crack in the road causes the car to sway mildly. the wind roar isnt any thing to brag about either. as for exterior it is good, just like a trailblazer which i love. the headlights are ugly but it doesnt matter to me. i love this car, it is luxurious yet competitive. great car.

heated seats, all the details (rear curb mirror adjustments, fuel mileage indicator, onstar, etc) air pump is extremely useful for a camper, biker like me used it the first week i bought it.

headlights!, i hate them too slim for the look of the car. no grill guard i could find to cover them.

about the air bags
By fladad

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada 2WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I am writing about the rear air suspension air bags. Just replaced mine at 91000 miles. Dealer wanted $744 not incl compressor. I had a truck shop that specializes in raising suspensions and custom jobs install them for $125..Now my Bravada doesnt hav sagging rear end anymore!

Power,Comfort and short turn radius.

Engine noise ridiculous high. Gas mileage poor

Bravada
By Ron Rottger

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle used with 40,000m on it.Had it for almost 2 yrs and it's been a great ride. My 15yr old daughter will be getting it in 4 months for her car. Have not spent a dime on it other than 4 new tires and regular maint.Hope for it to last for 6 more yrs.

Ride and acceleration,awd feature,comfort

They don't make them anymore so improvements don't matter. If they did I would want a larger capacity fuel tank and do away with auto wipers

run away from this suv
By Cindy

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this suv in 2004 with very little mileage I have had nothing but problems with it.. The idle arms have been replaced more than once very hard on the wheel barrings. I keep good maintenance but this was a lemon. I had to replace the door hinges and it cost me $1200 alone for that. The transmission going now... Have a short in the dash inside lights on dash when they want. My gas gauge also works when it wants to, the 4 wheel is going out of it. It would be easier to list what does work and what doesn't work or has needed replaced. My mechanic told me to get rid of it 2 years ago I had so much into it I thought for sure it would be ok I should of listened to him this suv is bad...

EVERYTHING