Used 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada SUV Consumer Reviews

$2,300

Used Bravada for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

will keep until body falls off

chiefsmds, 01/29/2013

I bought mine two years old. I have had 8years now. very little maintence ever needed. had to change fuel pump and both front wheel bearings but those are common for gm products. I wish it could get better mpg {15} but its a beast here in ohio winters. never gets stuck or never any troubles driving on icy roads. I have pulled a loaded car trailer without any troubles. I love this vehicle. I will keep for ever.

good buy

OldsKing, 08/26/2010

i Purchased my 2001 bravada with 101,000 miles not too long ago and Boy am i happy!, other than a few squeaks when hitting a bump man is this thing nice, power everything Moonroof, its a college kids dream, not to mention i have a sound system that is certified at 153DBs at the headrests from two FI BTL 18's, this SUV takes the abuse like a champ, i would recommend this suv to anyone needing a reliable daily driver, little laggy on acceleration, but overall the smartrak is an awesome feature, this is my 2nd bravada (1996) which drive through 198,000 before cash 4 clunkering it, and it was still going strong, i look forward to having this SUV for many years into the future

Very Nice SUV!!!!

Craige, 06/02/2008

This has been a great vehicle, very dependable only expenses has been tires,and tune ups little else has gone wrong. Very comfortable to drive. SmartTrack is great for winter driving. Sound system still sounds great!! Paint and Interior still looks like new.

Smart track? I call it stupid track

Jim, 12/06/2008

I bought a n01 Bravada from a dealer for around 8 grand. Great motor no troubles at all in that department. But the smart track is junk. Always in 4wd. Tore up a lot of tires.They became the slip. Cost alot to have fixed. Better off changing the transfer case which runs about 3 grand

Danny

Danny, 11/29/2009

I bought my Bravada used with 55K miles on it. I enjoyed driving it. My complaints concern problems with electric system, in that various warning lights come on for no reason, especially the "ck all wheel drive" light and the "check engine light". It is fine to drive in winter but, even with all wheel drive, I wish I had not bought it.

Best SUV I've owned!!

Kevin Livingston, 04/09/2005

I have very much enjoyed the "luxury-style" ride and comfort even on a long ride. This is my second SUV (first a '97 Blazer) and I've noticed it does not have the rolling effect on turns and curves, very nice! Pleasure to drive, easy steering, good response to the gas pedal, great sound system (cassette and CD). I like the wood appoitments in the console, all options are within easy reach and practically placed. Drink cup holders a little small.

A good value

JBP, 05/15/2008

It would be hard to beat this vehicle for the price. We had always driven Subarus and Hondas before buying the Olds. It has had more problems than the Hondas but not the Subaru. None of the problems have been major but have been annoying, like a latch for the back window that has had to be replaced twice and a plaster cover for the window/lock buttons that came off. With 80k-plus miles on it has been very reliable (with consistent oil changes and so on). Frankly, we expected to have more repair expenses with it because of the reviews we'd seen but went with it because we thought the purchase price was great.

Not my fave

Paula, 01/24/2009

I only owned my Bravada 18 months because we had to frequently replace the ignition sensor. Fortunately the warranty covered it so I only had to pay the deductible. We had bought other used cars from the dealer and decided to trade it in. We really didn't want to have it go out again (that would be the 4th time) and it would have quaified for the Missouri lemon law.

Stay away

A real waste, 03/02/2008

I bought this car new, at the time when olds was thinking of discontinuing the line. From year four (after the warranty - mileage over)to present, it has cost me $5K to $7K per year in repairs. It is a sink hole. Everything from not starting when it feels like it to not being able to turn the wheel without major vibrations. Everything was changed. I should have given up a long time ago.

Best SUV EVERRRR

jxmlt, 08/26/2009

This SUV is by far the best truck ever. Unlike some of the others on here I have not had to put lots of money in to the truck nor have I had to replace anything other than normal maintenance. Again some of the reviews that have been posted I would like to say to the commenters, Oldsmobile got bought out they still made Bravadas after they were bought out. This truck is not for everyone honestly. It is the luxury model of the Jimmy & Blazer, if you do not care for those trucks you will not love the Bravada either. If you take car of your car and don't beat it to crap you should not have any of these problems.

Very comfortable car

Jasmine Brown, 05/08/2002

it is a very good reliable car.

Problems

CathyC, 07/23/2003

We have had several problems. The biggest one being the Transfer Case, which the dealer will not replace. Now at 17,000 miles we are replacing oil coller adapter seal, transfer case seal, and 1st differencial pin seal. I love the looks of this car, but I'm really sorry I bought it now and will probably get rid of it soon.

Should have researched better!

Scott, 06/01/2005

I bought this thing from a small dealer, mistake #1. Since I have bought it, I have put roughly 15,000 miles on it in almost 20 months. I have had to replace a CO2 pump, oil cooling lines, and both front brake rotors and both front wheel bearings. The check engine light has been on more than I can count. There is a lesson to be learned from buying a vehicle that manufacturer has gone out of business...Don't!

olds bravada is great

wolvo, 06/05/2004

I have enjoyed my oldsmobile bravada, have had it for a year and it has been perfect for me.

Look elsewhere

Christova, 03/10/2003

I greatly regret my investment in a 2001 Bravada, especially after considering the horribly low resale value(I paid 34,000, worth less than 15,000 a mere two years later) and the terrible build quality. It is two years old but may as well be 10 the way it is falling apart. The Bose stereo is now useless as the door plastic rattles at higher bass like the speakers on a $10 walkman. I have had it in for service numerous times including problems that they just cannot fix. For instance, if you crank the wheel and back up, the truck grinds and grates and just today it did the same when I pulled forward and cranked the wheel.

Nice SUV!!

Kevin, 12/08/2004

Very nice vehicle! Rides very nice, no sway like earlier SUV of its type. The leather seats are very supple and conforming, the lumbar support makes long drives even more comfortable. Excellent rear-round, all utility car, I've got the power moonroof that I use all the time during warm weather. Plenty of storage space, but not too big of a car. The gas mileage could be a little better, but at about 16-17.5 mpg (depending on driving types) I guess it's not too far off of any other large car. It has the power needed when it's needed!! Used the hitch to pull 2 cars out of ditches last year, SmartTrack works great without any buttons to push as well! Recommend this vehicle!!

Good, could be better

Matt, 09/24/2007

I have owned this vehicle for a year now and I like it, a lot! The truck rides very nice and handles well, the interior fit and finish is typical GM business, bad. Doors squeak over rough pavement. I really like the front seats, extremely comfy. Power is decent and I average 18 mpg in town. The transmission shifts smoothly. So far I have 102000 miles on it and I love the way it feels. Not as off road ready as I like, and interior quality is poor, but overall, very good buy. You won't be dissappointed.

51050