Used 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

View reviews for a specific Aurora model:

My last GM car
By 3 Time Olds Owner

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 5 GM products but this is my last one. The car has needed $1500 in transmission work, $300 to fix a steering shaft, has suffered a leaking trunk and leaking sun roof, has various electrical gremlins, and has been an overall disappointment. Of the last 6 oil changes, only one visit was just for an oil change, in fact I've spent over $4000 in repairs in two years. Its no wonder why GM went bankrupt after owning this car.

The interior is great and the engine is smooth and quiet when its running. Great looks and great driving feel.

Quality, if it isnt a trunk full of water, its a highway vibration or a bad sensor. The only place willing to touch this thing is the dealership because they are hard to work on. Be ready for $98/hr labor and factory part prices.

Satisfied Owner - We need Oldsmobiles
By DE Smith

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was my 3 rd Olds and the best ever of cars that I have owned. I laugh as I read the features of the top of the line (Lexus, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, etc) about features my 2001 Olds has, rain sensor wipers, wrap around air bags (front and back safety features, steering wheel controls, the pass through to luggage caompartment, I have used many times, to caarry long itmes and fly rods!), Teh ride all passengers compliment and cannot believe it is and Oldsmobile. Few know it was one of the oldest auto manufactured in USA. It is a damn shame it was shut down as it was superbly designed, well built with only minor flaws that in subsequent years would have been made to make it perfect.

The angled instrument panel is truly designed for the driver. I have found no other automobile to compare ergonomically with my Aurora

Unfortunately the obsolescence engineers did their job perfectly as the failure of oil pump[, power steering pump and headlights and the LEd steering wheel lights, all went out just past the warranty period. Tha has been costly for me. to Date I have 158,000 + miles.

Smooth ride, great value
By MikeP

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this care used with about 18,000 miles. Currently at 108,000. Smooth ride, luxurious for the price, good acceleration, good stereo, hugs the road. No engine trouble besides it started burning about a quart of oil every 1000 miles once I hit 50k. No biggie from my perspective. Very nice car, no complaints whatsoever. Love the pearl white paint. Nice aluminum wheels. Great trunk space. Leather has held up well. Nice look from the front at night with a cool headlight design.

5-star comfort, acceleration is excellent, good stereo, handles like a sports car.

Engine burns a quart of oil every 1k. GM has known about this issue for years. Other 3.5L owners have mentioned same thing.

E Bay Purchase
By DTA

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 4dr Sedan (4.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bid on and won this car on E Bay. I specifically wanted an Aurora after owning a 3.5 L back in 2001 which, by the time I sold it in 2005 had 92,000 trouble free miles on it. I wish I could say the same for the SUV I replaced it with. I have put 17,000 on my 4.0 L since February and it is still going strong. There have been minor issues but all have been simple to take care of without the need for a dealer or auto shop to be involved. I look daily at E Bay to find another good deal as when my wife's lease goes back guess what she will be driving. Great car, exceptional value for money. GM should have made this a Cadillac

Styling

Aurora is a winner
By Tom M

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the 2001 Aurora to replace my 185K mile Intrigue that I gave my college grad son. This Aurora has the exact same reliable, well performing power train. This car is VERY comfortable, quiet and loaded with features that are now showing up on 2008 models. Great gas mileage for a luxury car (28 on highway). Trouble free. One small air pump valve failed, simple replacement done myself with genuine GM parts from on-line supplier. My ex-Toyota co-worker was very impressed with how quiet and tight the car was after 65K miles. This car feels like brand new at 7 yrs old. Best car I have owned.

Great looks, very quiet, nice ride and performance., platinum color always looks clean, reliable.

Leave one of the two power ports on the dash "always on" to recharge cell phone, Auto recirculate the AC when the car is hot inside until temp is comfortable, visor mirror covers are the most funky & floppy I've owned.