Used 2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Oldsmobile Alero

View reviews for a specific Alero model:

OK, I guess
By Scott

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

When I bought this I did not know the resale value was going to plummet into the ground, so it's a good thing it's a fairly dependable car. It gets decent mileage, but I hate the interior design, specifically the center console. It's as if it were an oversight that only one person would have anything to drink in the front, and the rear cupholder is cheap and keeps pulling out of its sockets. However, it has decent "zip" and has ample trunk room.

The AM/FM/RDS CD stereo system is much nicer than I expected, and it has automatic day and headights, etc.

Not really applicable since they literally don't make Oldsmobiles anymore. If they did, they'd have to overhaul the interior design.

WWooooooooHoooooo!!!
By Giorgio

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I found me a 2004 Alero GL with the 6-cyl. engine with only 29,000 miles for about a little half the price of retail when new. What a deal! It took me a whole month to find the one I wanted and it's worth every penny! This car is a lot of fun to drive and is a good looker too. This what I want to be driving now and not the regular brands that everyone else is driving out there for a lot more money. Couldn't be happier, best car decision I've ever made. Made in America baby!! Whooohooo!!

The 6-cylinder engine.

Great car
By The Baron

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased this car, and, I love it. I have never owned a car this new before, but, I love the new car feel. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for an inexpensive alternative to higher priced and highly overrated Import cars.

Sound system, user friendly controls, and body styling.

None

Bought Two Of Them
By FLORIDA JOE

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My daughter and sister each had their cars totalled. I bought low mileage used Aleros for each of them. At less than 11K for such a feature laden car you can't beat them. They both looked like new cars with very low mileage. They love their new Aleros and I feel good that they are in a dependable car.

All the extra features that are included. There is nothing else to want.

ABS should have been standard in 2004.

new owner
By bildar

2004 Oldsmobile Alero GL1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Haven't owned it long but love it

handling

Let driver's seat go back farther