Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

'06 Wrangler Rubicon Replacement
By Nimrod

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

After Telluride last year and Moab this year I decided it was either Big $$ to upgrade the Rubicon or stop and go in another direction. Here in Northern NM mountains, the Xterra has very capable attributes. I've had it on one of the roughest off-roads in the area with no problemes at all. The ground clearance is better than a stock '06 Rubicon and the stock tires are taller. The extra wheel base gives the Xterra an edge over the Rubicon for comfort. Cargo space is a huge winner and the power sealed the deal. The AT takes some getting use to in 4WD as I now drive with the brake rather than the gas/clutch. I'm 6'4" and the fit is perfect. Family's 9th Nissan w/wife's current '09 Pathfinder

Power, Bilstein shocks, ground clearance, firm seats, quiet ride, cargo space, good 360 degree view.

Needs serious slider bars for the rocker panels. Skid plates are a joke - Wife's cookie sheets just might be thicker. Heated outside mirrors and ext. temp gauge would help. Bulbous front bumper should be replaced with a real bumper and good tow points. Needs a lock for the storage space on top.

I was wrong
By Josh

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wrote a poor review on my new off road X back in December. I had a couple of rattles but Nissan fixed them. The rattles in the dash are only when it was cold and the dealer came through. The more I drive my X the more I love it. The power of the v6 is great and you really get use to the stiff ride. It actually handles great for a truck and very sporty. Overall a great vehicle. I have to admit me first impressions were way off. I really enjoy my x and it was good choice.

Ground clearance, easy clean seats, great power, towing and amazing handling. I have never driven a truck that handles as well.

Get rid of the plastic cargo area. Get rid of the uncomfortable head rests (I guess there suppose to prevent whip lash?) Please make a sun roof an option. That's it otherwise it's great!

Nice simple truck
By Tyler

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the Xterra for 6 months now, and it has been great. It has great power for an SUV, and is pretty roomy inside for my family of 4. I get around 16 mpg in town, and around 20 on the freeway. I am 6'3" and have plenty of leg room. While it is plenty quiet on the pavement, when you get on a dirt or gravel road, the it resonates and is quite loud. I have the tow package, and have towed a small trailer once, it did great.

Power, looks, trip computer.

Heated seats and a thermometer. I can't believe there is no thermometer on a car this expensive!!

My Xterra
By cbw

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was looking around for a new truck. I was waiting on the new F-150, but Ford make them so big now, it wouldn't fit in the garage. So, I went the SUV route. The Xterra is one of the few built on a fully boxed truck frame for better strength. Sure it may use a little more gas than the others but it's a rock and it will run when you need it. I only have 800 miles on it and so far very impressed. I just hope it will get better when it's broken in. I tossed in a K&N panel filter and I am getting 19 in town. For those who don't know, Nissan rates it @ 15 in town.

Power, seats are supportive, room and storage bins around the center console. It won't stop at 100 like my wife's Escape.

Glove box a little too small. Put in 5yr 100k coolant to cut down cost a little. At 40 it has already shifted into top gear and it will moan because you are going too slow for the gear.

Tough
By cbw

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you want to increase your mileage, toss in a K&N filter. I am getting 19 in town with the air on. I can't complain too much since I did upgrade from a car. Sure you are going to burn a little gas, but it's worth it for a compact SUV with a fully boxed frame. The ride is quiet even @ 80,90, 100, it's a rock.

Power. Seats are supportive. Room.

Toughen up the interior materials a bit more.