Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

From Old to New
By hirosfca

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Upgraded from my 2002 Xterra 4x2 to the 4x4 Off Road package. I actually use this vehicle for the road trips, on and off road. Sometimes, I would venture onto a path or pseudo-road that turned off road and regret that I only had a 4x2 so this new addition of the total off road capability is very nice. Now I wont be worried about getting stuck or stopping our adventure short due to the vehicle's off road capability. I love the sparse easy to clean interior and the tough chunky looks. I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and that is a great piece of mind to know that Nissan will back up the reliability of the vehicles they make.

I love the sparse easy to use and easy to clean interior. I love the rockford fosgate sound system and the bluetooth connectivity. Xterra is the only Mid-size body on chassis truck based 4x4 that offers a manual transmission.

I would like a softer wider cushier seat. It should include a trailer hitch as standard equipment.

Love My Little Beast!
By Outlaw Blondie

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always been a truck/lrg.SUV person and planned on buying another GMC, but they seem to make all these new Make/Models so ridiculously bulky that I debated for 2 years. I looked at every truck and SUV, it was like Goldilocks and The 3 Bears. This one is to small, this one is to big, this one is too sissy, this one is too boring, then finally Ah this one feels just right. I went shopping with my son who bought an Xterra. Within a week I loved it so much I bought one, and within a week after that my brother-in-law loved ours so much he bought one. Now we are planning some kewl family Off-roading trips. The SE is fun and sporty, yet classy enough for a night out on the town. I Love it!

Sporty Outback appearance. Perfect size, Built on a truck chassis which to me is a real SUV not these Car/mini-van crossover SUVs. Great visibility for someone 5ft., RF Stereo-MPplayer-XM- Bluetooth rocks, Plenty of power, Makes great turns, plays very nicely in the dirt, Nice standard window tint.

Outside temp. display!! Auto headlights/daytime running lights, Better interior material as not to scratch so easily, Heated seats, Heated mirrors, A sunroof would be nice, Cargo Mat, rear air ducts, A little cushier ride out on a dirt road, then I think it would be one perfect Vehicle.

Love to drive it!
By x-terra girl x 2

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced my 2000 x-terra (213,000 miles) with a 2010 x-terra off road. Loved my old buddy very much. I went from Manual to Automatic, which was good in some instances; tho I miss shifting. I travel in snow (sometimes up to the grill-with good tires) and travel off-road all year long and could not ask for a better SUV. "Sam" was a great truck, and now "SamSon" (yes I name my cars) will hopefully be with me 10 - 12 years. I highly recommend the X-Terra line.

4.0 liter engine more power to tow. Bigger foot print makes it more stable around corners and roomier. I did mourn my 2000 x-terra for about 2 weeks - do love the 2010 now

yeah, they did miss the outside temp gauge on the rear view mirror as an option, cargo area is slick for puppies and cargo, wish I could have gotten side rails on off-road pkg hard to get to roof. Heated seats without them being leather, and the outside step to "no where".

Great driving SUV
By Clobber

2010 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 97 4Runner with a 2010 Xterra. Had my doubts initially, but after 3 months I am sold! I'm 6'5" and fit comfortably. Lots of cargo room. Great visibility, and really responsive steering. More fun to drive than the 4Runner was. At 178" it is easy to park and maneuver in tight surroundings. Smooth transmission, smooth ride, and quieter than I was expecting. Love the fact that the rear seats fold flat. No regrets.

Really responsive steering; roominess; visibility; powerful headlights; good tires; trip computer; firm comfortable seats; fuel economy is not as bad as I was expecting.

Would like to see back seat windows go all the way down; heated seats; miss the rear power window on the 4Runner's tailgate - that would be a nice touch on Xterra; don't like the horn - you must take your hands off the wheel and press the center firmly to activate, safety hazard.

Great durability - light on design
By Ensign

2010 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have been buying Nissans since 1981 mostly for their engines. Generally they tend to be superior on durability but light on comfort and convenience. My Xterra is the first SUV I have owned. I bought the X model because I wanted a manual transmission but did not want to buy the more expensive off road. As usual the engine and transmission are excellent but poor design on comfort and convenience. I could not believe there is no side mirror control and no map light. No mirror or light in the visor. The storage compartments are poorly designed. These little things are not expensive but are very much appreciated by consumers. Nissan designers - get a clue!

Good engine and transmission. Very quiet for an SUV

Need to have side mirror controls, map light and mirror visors on all models. More and better storage compartments. AC controls for passengers on X model. Power to outlets should turn on/off with ignition system. Manuel transmission should be available on all Xterra models.