Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Xterra that I owned
By DJ Wilson

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased it 15 months ago and it’s been a really good vehicle. It wasn’t what I wanted at the time but it performed perfectly and drove well! Didn’t have to do much to it to keep it running perfectly. If you buy one watch the value on them it drops quite quickly and the dealerships know this and try to low ball you

Xterra nightmare
By Lisa Gardner

2010 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have already had to replace the ABS system and it's only 7-8 year old car with 80000 miles m. Also has been stalling and they can't figure out the problem and a lot of break noise and loud sounds when over bumps, not a smooth ride. Very unhappy with the Xterra.

Ugly car
By Kodak black

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My parents just suprised me with this car and I have a couple of complaints. It does not have an outlet where you can plug in your phone to play music. The car just looks really weird. I'm a guy and I've only seen girls drive this car which is kind of annoying. People always tell me that I drive a chick car.

Solid Versatile Truck for a Good Price
By dallas70

2010 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned for over 4 years and 52000 miles before trading in last year. Rock solid performance and reliability... I wish I had kept it. I'd say it provides more capability and livability for the price than just about any other 4x4 SUV. I paid $23,800 after rebates and I think the only area of the Xterra that reflects the bargain price is some of the interior parts (seat material, hard plastics, cargo area plastic not as tough as I'd like).

We made many family trips and commutes with this SUV in all conditions and the only thing I would have done differently is go for the nicer PRO4X model.

Great Value on and Off Road
By xterraoffroad

2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I went from a Frontier to upgrading to the Xterra Off Road and WOW. This vehicle is an incredible performer on and off road. It's filled with everything you need like hill-descent assist, locking diffs, 4X4, lots of space and cargo hold, and nothing you don't. The seats fold completely flat, the roof rack has plenty of room for the kayaks, and the awesome 4.0 V6 has more than enough power to tow my 26 ft sailboat. I can't say enough about how smooth this truck rides and how well it conquers terrain off road. Surprisingly, I have been averaging 20mpg. I thought I would have done much worse, but it just makes this rig that much sweeter. Nissan's 4.0L is indestructible. Highly recommend!

Awesome engine, towing, driving performance, the roof racks, cargo space, fold-flat seating, Rockford Fosgate sound system, off road lamps, and the way it feels so solid.

the interior plastics scratch too easily, interior could benefit from stronger materials and a sunroof or skylights would be neat.