Used 2007 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Fun Ride Terrible Gas Mileage
By xterra

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's advertised at 18 city/21hwy. Mine has never done better than 17mpg no matter how I drive. I also drove the tacoma before I bought my X. I wanted a 6 speed. The tacoma drives like a car. The X feels like a full size truck. It doesn't have the girly frills of other trucks. It has a ton of power. I slip it in 3rd at highway speed and roar right by people. I got it to haul my mastiffs to shows and it fits that bill great, plenty of room and height for them. Get a cheap rubber mat so your dogs dont slip on the plastic. The only time it doesnt have enough power is in 6th on hills hauling dogs or people. No prob 5th will have you gaining speed on that same hill.

Tons of power, drives like a real truck, back seats lay down flat, backend is plastic that is just wiped down to clean, thick steering wheel, smooth shifting, a goat offroad, positrack rear end with a locker, plenty of room with back seats laying flat, no frills, much less money than toyota.

The xterra has a powerful thirst for gas. Maybe drop some ponies in exchange for more MPGs

Love it so far
By pinenut

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this truck. The only thing I don't like is the snow builds up on the roof due to that storage compartment and the rails. It's a pain when it turns to ice and starts to slide around up there. MPG as advertised. I live in the snow and this vehicle can get me anywhere I need to go.

Love the performance. Best SUV for the price.

Lose the roof storage compartment. Factory warranty needs improvement. 3/36 shows lack of confidence in their vehicle. Should be 100000 drivetrain like most others are today.

Fantastic all around SUV!
By Robert

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2007 Xterra. I wanted the Xterra Off Road fully loaded for the year with the 6 speed manual trans. I love it! I needed a good SUV because my family and I are moving to Germany. So far here in Utah we have had numerous snow storms and it does well with the VDC on in 4x. I tested it in all modes. I did notice a huge improvement with the traction control on but I was not impressed with the tires. It should do better so I am going to buy Michelin LTX M/S. Other than that, I love to drive it and I am always in it. I have the Nismo cold air intake and I love that. The mileage could be better but it is an Off Road vehicle. I am very impressed with its ride. Great job Nissan!!

Clutch start, VDC, dif lock, 6 speed man, Rockford sound, iPod adapter, rugged looks, int and ext storage, towing cap.

If you buy a vehicle with the off road package you should get a capable SUV with the ability to do what the name says! Good tires are everything!! Nissan needs to purchase better tires for the Off Road Package. I think the BFG AT Ko's would work well for it.

You Gotta Love It
By Ron E.

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable and capable off road vehicle. Mine is the Off Road version. Reliability is top notch. Getting in & out of rear doors is a little tight. Fuel economy is close to the 08 rating, not the 07 one. Ride is very comfortable for a 4x4 and seats are the best. Best 4x4 vehicle I have ever owned. You gotta love it !! If entry to rear seats is a problem for you, get a Pathfinder but expect to pay $5k more (approx.)

Interior comfort. Mechanically bullet proof. Easy to drive on or off road.

Durable SUV
By JC

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the Xterra after months of research and comparisons with FJ Cruiser and Jeeps. I liked the Xterra's features the best and I'm glad that I purchased it. Nissan has provided a highly functional and cost effective SUV. I have found that the driver displays and features are well thought out for use and durability. It has been an easy vehicle to drive in city traffic. I recently drove it in 4WD during a heavy snow storm and found that it is a solid performer in poor weather conditions. Powerful headlights provide great visibility at night. Best SUV for the money.

My favorite features are good view sitting up high, large engine with good excelleration, smooth seamless shifting between gears, dashboard controls are easy to find and use, large side mirrors, fit and finish is solid, fold flat rear seats for cargo storage, plug-in power outlet in rear cargo area.

Improve stereo sound quality in basic model.