Used 2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

great vehicle
By CAPTMAHI

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this truck new and have not had a single problem. It has more then enough power. Living in Maine, driving in the snow is quite common. This truck shines in bad weather. Granted I maintain it perfectly. At 30,000 miles I did a complete trans service, rear end fluid and transfer case. I upgraded the already good brakes to ebc rotors and pads, a k&n air filter and regular oil changes. I changed the serpentine belt, did a coolant service. When my 4 Wheeling buddies get stuck they call me! This motors got plenty of torque. I also use dedicated snow and toyo summer tires which are great in the rain and dry. In 40,000 I've had to change a brake lightbulb. Period. I'd recommend it to anyone

horsepower and torque, vehicle dynamic control which has saved me more than once.antilock brakes, excellent 4 wheel drive system.

It's not a sports car and does'nt handle like one. The toyo proxes, double a traction, a temp make summer tires make a big difference and do help the handling quite a bit, but it's still a truck. In low temps (like 15 degrees f and less its squeaky. Lotta body roll if you push it the corners.

XTERRA"ED
By randy

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in used 2005 model for new 2007 S model. LUV IT! Very easy to drive, handles, well, and lots of rear cargo space. Got thru first VT winter with factory BF Goodrich tires w/no sweat. Acceleration for a 6-cylinder, 4-liter is great! Nice CD stereo and speakers to start but upgraded w/after market Kenwood system & Jensen Speakers. Decent mileage at 20 plus on highway for this size/weight SUV. Outstanding value for the price versus domestic comparison SUV's from Ford, GM, and Dodge!

Interior passenger and cargo space! Nice size SUV; not to small and not to large. Super-tight turning radius in tight spots. Love the "big ugly" burly appearance.

Better stereo w/front accessory plug- in for MP3/Ipods and speakers. Raise location of all door speakers to a higher location on the doors...to low. Have interior brake light harness standard on all models...must buy harness kit from dealer to engage parking lights on trailers for night driving.

Two years and running strong
By Robert

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wrote a note a while ago about my Xterra. We moved to Germany and the X has performed perfectly. The only issue I have with it is the trans. It is very difficult to shift into second gear. It sometimes makes a grinding noise as well. But it is not that serious of a problem yet. Over all a great vehicle and the size is perfect!

Same as before.

Same as before.

My Favorite Vehicle
By MyXTerra

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

On our trip to our home state recently we were run off the road by a semi. My daughter and I were asleep while my husband was driving. Woke when we hit the dirt. Front end damage and blew out a tire, shattering the rim. We were all uninjured, just surprised. Took out a sign, both side mirrors broken, driver side mirror shattered window. I give the Xterra an EXCELLENT review because it took all of the force and kept my family safe. Our dogs, cats and puppies were also in the vehicle and everyone is in perfect health. I HIGHLY recommend the Xterra. Mine has always been reliable and a blast to drive. Love that get up and go power. Gas mileage could be better but very sturdy vehicle.

I love everything about my 07 Xterra. It's perfect for me and my family. Looks like an SUV, handles beautifully, powerful and reliable. Great family vehicle for my family.

Easier access to the backseat as it's a little tight. otherwise very happy Xterra driver/owner.

hood paint off & noise underneath
By thomas

2007 Nissan Xterra SUV S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

1) In less than 18 months, a small portion of the hood paint is off naturally. Bought brand new. 2) When passing a road-bump even with a very low speed, you can hear a noise come from underneath the car. The noise is similar to as if something was loose. On two occasions I took the vehicle to the dealer to correct this problem. The noise was back within a month.

The overall strength of the vehicle.

Improve the dashboard. Improve the hood paint. Correct the noise from underneath the vehicle. Improve the radio. Improve the heating system; presently it takes about 30 minutes to warm up the car.