Used 2007 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

SIMPLY THE BEST MOTOR AND TRANNY
By ro-ads

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

wELL I have had my X since july o7.. I drove it for 6 months stock..... simply fell in love with the power and smooth tranny it came with. Cheap, simple easy to use utility vehicle. Some cheapy plastic interior finishes but all the door jams are solid. Great box fram + exceptionally strong precision motor with state of the art shifting capabilites = one capable vehicle.......now if they had only remembered the suspension!!!!!!!!!!! THIS AMAZING VEHICLE WAS LACKING ONE THING THAT SHOULD OF BEEN CONSIDERED. mORE TRAVEL PLEASE. STOCK IT HAS LETS SAY 6" INCHES OF TRAVEL. 3" EACH WAY UP AND DOWN...............GIVE IT 10 - 14 7" EACH WAY ANY REALLY CONQUER ANYTHING YOU GIVE IT.BUY IT

Motor, tranny, boxed fram, easy to use, simple interior.

Suspension, more wheel clearance.

So Close...
By Brunson

2007 Nissan Xterra Off-Road 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 05 F150 for used 07 Xterra this winter (needed baby space). Just over 30k on stock BFG tires and they were SMOKED. Traded up for Firestone Destination A/T's with favorable results. Front brake pads/rotors replaced at 31k miles. Frequent issues with SLIP/ABS/VDC light coming on with little assistance from local Nissan dealers to determine the issue, possible ABS problem. Engine is strong but not the best sounding when heavy on the throttle. Average gas mileage for an SUV of it's size. 4 wheel drive system is excellent, performs well in moderate snow, heavy rain and off road. Very versatile with numerous cargo configurations. I am 6'4" and have no complaints regarding interior space.

Rugged looks, nice Rockford Fosgate stereo, off road capability, strong engine, cargo hauling, everything you need nothing you don't demeanor

Iron out some potential ongoing reliability issues, smooth out the engine and I think you have a utilitarians dream.

Expensive Junk
By Larry Alcoke

2007 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best way to describe this vehicle. Poor fuel mileage, hurricane winds come through cabin in winter freezing you, need to make a standing date every other week to take in for repairs, trim paint coating is water colors washes off, don't use a car wash even if standing 5 ft away will wash coating off trim, poor warranty coverage regarding such. TPMS is junk. stock tires & brakes are junk wear out way to soon, no not from hard use or poor inflation. Was not my choice but couldn't convince wife much better vehicles on market. Nissan refuses to talk to you if you call them about a problem. Better buy is Hyundai Santa FE by far. Poor drive ratio for engine size, wrong tran. Heat & defrost junk.

seating height

Better quality & quantity of paint on trim. Change final drive ratio increases fuel mileage. Needs better door seals totally lacking. Better quality brake rotors, pads and tires. increase air intake area for heater etc. Is expensive junk as is. All reviews were way off on quality of this vehicle.

it 's ok
By NV

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I love it very much.It's a nice looking truck. But so far I had the problem that make noise under the hood.I brought it to the dealer and they fixed right the way.But I don't know later it will coming back again or not.Do they will cover it when it was out of the warranty . The brake kind of vibrate and make noise really loud on especially on wet weather everytime you brake or stop at the traffic light .I don't know if outside the people could hear it or not, but inside it's very loud and vibrated,feel the car is shaking. When you ran over the bump don't try to step on the brake it seem like it loose or something is out of place. I notice dealer they said It maybe the ABS sys.

I love the style.Nissan's design is always look better than Toyota and Honda.

Need a little more room on rear entry. Need to check and improve the brake system to cut out the louding noise.I feel embarrassing everytime I stopped at the traffic light or press the brake on the wet weather.

Great Truck!
By Maguro

2007 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. I traded in a Chevy Trailblazer. I don't do much off-roading, but I like have a truck for the versatility, occasional towing, and I'm a truck guy not a car guy. The get-up-and-go is great, gas mileage is good. The previous owner had upgraded to a touchscreen Pioneer Navi/Stereo/Bluetooth & a Viper alarm w/ remote start. So the toys are fun and functional. Never wanted a navi before, but now I'll have one in every car I own! The armrest stinks :( too low and too small. Otherwise, extremely happy, great truck.

Acceleration, gas mileage, looks, versatility, upgrades I didn't have to pay for.

Armrest, armrest, ARMREST. I'd like somewhere to rest my arm without feeling like I'm laying on my side.