Used 2006 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Good So Far
By Surfcaster

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this vehicle for over three years now. Love the power, handling, 20mpg with standard trans, great off road. Many have had premature clutch wear so I would not buy another stick. Most of the parts for this vehicle including engine is not Japan. Wish honda made old school suv, but for now xterra seems to give best bang for buck. 4runner much more expensive, and most of their parts are also not Japan.

Unmatched horsepower, full truck frame, ride/handling.

Plastic scratches easily. Fix the weak clutch, improve customer service.

2006 Fuel Gage Faulty
By Mrs. R

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2006 Nissan XTerra - At 35K+ miles fuel gauge faulty. After filling up gas, gauge reads empty. Nissan is NOT issuing a recall for the 2006 models. 2000-2004 have received a recall for the same problem. Cost to fix is approx. $500.

Body

Manufacturer should take responsibility and fix faulty fuel gauge.

Love my Exterra
By Mike from Boynton

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV is made to be driven and takes abuse. Tailgating is fun and we don't have to worry about the interior its made to get dirty. If you take care of the truck it will last a long time. Lots of engine. I already have 52000 miles on it and it still looks like new.

Engine and horse power. Lots of compartments and space. AC ports.

Sadly Mistaken
By Purtysouthern

2006 Nissan Xterra X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Thought I wanted this vehicle. Exterior plastics faded and look old, interior plastics are cheap. Rear end noises that dealership can't fix even after a complete replacement of the entire rear axle. It is a fight to get any type of warranty work done. This veh. only has 35,000mi on it and I am about to trade it in for a Toyota.

Horsepower

interior & exterior plastics. Better quality all around. For as much as these cost.. they don't hold value like a toyota and you don't get enough for what you pay.

So Far So Good
By PHISH

2006 Nissan Xterra S 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We came within days of buying a Jeep Commander before I just happened to notice this Xterra on a dealer's website. We Test drove it and bought it. The first block of the test drive I forgot about the Jeep and never looked back.My wife loves it because she feels safe and likes the look of the truck. I like the fact that it has an endless amount of speed when you need it and handles amazingly well on turns.We're really happy with it. Paid $12,500 for a 2006 with 25,000 miles miles on it. How could we pass that up? We traded in our Montero with all the bells and whistles for the plain jane Xterra. We couldn't be happier!!!!

Horse Power,running boards, roof rack. Its just a cool looking truck. I love the way it rides on any surface.

The interior could be rubberized in the high traffic areas. Stock radio is terrible. I replaced it with a 7" touchscreen and it was a perfect fit.The back window should be able to be opened without having to open the entire back. Pop open quarter panel windows would be sweet too.