Used 2003 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 160 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Can't be happier
By MLB

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have never had a single problem with my Xterra. The gas mileage is not the best, but I knew that going in. This type of truck is going to be thirsty. I take it in for every service and that seems to be helping since like I said NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!! I would recomend this to everyone.

nissan xterra
By varo

2003 Nissan Xterra XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

everyone knows the Nissan Xterra that its reliable, strong and vary roomy. i haven't had avy problems with the car even though gas intake could be better but that goes far any car....

everything

Luv my Xterra !
By Kelly in Charleston

2003 Nissan Xterra XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am past the "soccer mom" stage and wanted something FUN to drive. My entire family drives, or has previously driven, Nissans so the choice was easy. I would only trade my 2003 Xterra for a new one. It is the perfect weekend and/or tailgate vehicle. The seats are a bit uncomfortable but the Rockford Fosgate stereo ROCKS ! You don't buy an Xterra for the mileage but it is as good or better than most SUV's. I highly recommend the Nissan Xterra !

The stereo is GREAT, instrument panel is easy to read, steering is comfortable.

More comfortable seating and better gas mileage.

Could not ask for more
By MLB

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have driven my Xterra for 35,000 miles and have not had a single problem as of yet. I would recomend this suv to anyone, it is fun to drive, rugged, and very reliable so far. The only detractor is the fact that an suv drinks so much gas. Although, the gaas is fine for a typical suv.

I love the fact that this suv has been so reliable. I do all the maitenance and it is paying off big time.

No real improvements that I would suggest.

03 Xterra
By Brian

2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

My Xterra has been a great looking, fun to drive, & reliable SUV. It's the perfect mix of weekend off-road capability and mid week commuting comfort & reliability.

Great rugged looks backup up by real off road capability. This is not one of those minivans madeover to look like an SUV.

Larger engine - Nissan already did this for the current model Xterra.