Used 2003 Nissan Xterra SUV Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Xterra Rocks
By Signs

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV SE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted tough style (didn't want people to confuse it with a family car), storage space (for weekend get- aways), dependability, and the feel of fun when driving anywhere. I got all four. My SE trim Super Black Xterra is still to me the best looking SUV around, with its brash and bold look and its shine when the Super black color is waxed, along with the tall charcoal wheels and rugged tires with the raised white letters. It drives like a Truck, which suits this TEXAN just fine.

Tall, broad stature, and Rockford Fosgate stereo systems that ROCKS! Looks nothing like any other SUV. At 52K miles, all I have had to do is put gas in it, change the oil/filter, and try to keep it clean! Steering wheel controls rule! Can't live without them now.

Better gas mileage, more horse power, but these are minor and the positives outweigh this by a long shot.

opinion
By fernandez

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

car performance good.excellent for snow driving. turns easily. compares to others cars. poor gas mileage.

Can't be happier
By MLB

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE 4WD 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have never had a single problem with my Xterra. The gas mileage is not the best, but I knew that going in. This type of truck is going to be thirsty. I take it in for every service and that seems to be helping since like I said NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!! I would recomend this to everyone.

nissan xterra
By varo

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE I4 Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

everyone knows the Nissan Xterra that its reliable, strong and vary roomy. i haven't had avy problems with the car even though gas intake could be better but that goes far any car....

everything

Luv my Xterra !
By Kelly in Charleston

2003 Nissan Xterra SUV XE Rwd 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am past the "soccer mom" stage and wanted something FUN to drive. My entire family drives, or has previously driven, Nissans so the choice was easy. I would only trade my 2003 Xterra for a new one. It is the perfect weekend and/or tailgate vehicle. The seats are a bit uncomfortable but the Rockford Fosgate stereo ROCKS ! You don't buy an Xterra for the mileage but it is as good or better than most SUV's. I highly recommend the Nissan Xterra !

The stereo is GREAT, instrument panel is easy to read, steering is comfortable.

More comfortable seating and better gas mileage.