Used 2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Nissan Xterra

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Excellent SUV
By TBA

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 2000, before wife and kid. Most reliable ever, currently 180k miles. Need only routine maintenace. No fancy bells and whisles, just a simple SUV that can take on almost anything. However, with another kid on the way, I may finally have to part with it.

So many but the personal favorite is the 4x4. Once helped a lovely lady from her snow stranded car... married her 2 years later.

Better MPG, my average is 18 on easy driving.

Great suv
By Ben Killion

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Bought with 90000 miles and it's now at 185000. And besides a driver window switch that I bought from eBay I have done nothing but routine and preventative maintenance, i.e., timing belt replaced.

car like handling, small 3.3 tows boats well.

offer more luxury interior options.

2000 Xterra Still Going Strong
By clgd3

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Nissan Xterra since I bought it new in 2000. I have not had any problems at all mechanically. I have the oil changed every 3000 to 5000 miles. The only thing that has been replaced a couple of times has been the battery. Other than that it has been a great vehicle. I am even thinking about buying a 2008 or 2009 when I'm ready to buy another vehicle. I've been totally happy with my Xterra the past 8 years. I have read that some people have had problems with rust forming on the exterior. I noticed some rust that appeared to form in the paint but with occasional waxing it inhibited any corrosion. Overall the best vehicle I've owned.

Good looking design. Utility is endless. What ever you can think of, you can use this SUV for. Except for hauling big stuff, it can do it all.

Better fuel economy. Other than that can't think of anything that needs improving.

Simple but great
By xterra canada

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

You get exactly what you pay for with the Xterra. It's hardy, functional, cool looking and reliable. Servicing really started at 125,000 kms at which time most bits started to come apart. Keyless entry, shocks, clutch, muffler, power windows, a/c all needed either partial or full replacement. I did miss some of the luxuries of upscale models. Overall a great buy.

Exterior design, 4X4, stadium seating in the rear.

Allow for vent open/close, increase comfort in seats.

What a great little SUV.
By Lily

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

My wife and I purchased this Xterra almost 7 years ago (when we had no kids) and it was worth the price. We finally paid it off and it has been a very reliable vehicle. It is very comfortable on long and short trips with the family. A family of 4 will fit comfortably. As I am now finding out, 3 in the back seat is a little too snug. Other than that I think 7 years ago we made a good decision that we still own today with over 81,000 miles on it. Other than one recall from the dealership, we have had no problems at all. In the future we probably would be better off with 3rd row seating. Other than that I would keep it.

Plenty of room for a family of 4 or smaller! The 4wd works great in the snow or the trails or even fishing excursions.

The plastic bumpers look very old only after 7 years. I wish Nissan were quicker on notifying customers for recall info. I wish it had 3rd row seating. Exhaust system seemed to rust faster than previous vehicles. After 7 years I think the AC is going.