Used 2013 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Made for MPG, not for YOU
By saltsman

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Perhaps the most uncomfortable car I've driven.

To be fair, this is a long-term rental, so I don't have an emotional attachment. With that said, I find the Versa a hard car to love.

A slight breeze can be dangerous. Driving in windy Texas is especially challenging as it requires constant corrections to keep it pointed between the stripes. You don't drive the Versa, the Versa drives you. Sometimes I fell it has a death wish.

It's loud and uncomfortable on long trips. MPG's are good. A solid 37.5 MPG on long 75 MPH highway stretches, but a 10 gal tank requires frequent stopping.

It's not for tall people. No telescoping steering wheel and the sit up straight seats wear you out.

Good MPG's. 37.5 MPG at 75 MPH on most days. You can get the advertised 40 MPG if you stay under 65 MPH. Nissan reliably. It keeps the rain out while going from one place to another.

The list of needed improvements is long. Too bad, because I like Nissan's other cars a lot. The tracking is dangerous. The Versa will drift all over the road. I find myself fighting to keep it between the ditch and oncoming traffic with any level of cross wind. Road noise is incessant. The engine drones. The 1980's era radio on the S model doesn't help. At 6'4", I find the lack of telescoping steering wheel a big drawback. The drivers seat never really fits me and the driver's arm rest is small and uncomfortable. The interior is as spartan as it gets. Cup holders are in the wrong place. I once looked forward to long road trips, but with the Versa, I now regret them. *Sigh*

Brake failure
By anadeau2

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I was driving at 30 miles an hour and my new versa with 7000 miles. All of the sudden my computer went off and i could not use the brakes. I was lucky to avoid an accident. I said I do not feel safe in this car to Nissan and Lokey of Clearwater and they said they will just repair the car. At first they didn't know what was wrong and then they fixed the ABS chip and recalibrated the computer. I drove the car and one week later I was going 50 mph and the brakes were all the way in and they were barely stopping. Luckily I avoided the accident. I called Nissan and they ignored me and said that there is nothing they can do for me. So now they fixed the master cylinder. I feel very unsafe driving.

2013 Versa 3800miles
By wakeride

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SL 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

Has no storage for driver to access items like center console. Drove me crazy so I bought one off ebay for $45 works and matched perfect. No place for glasses either. Cup holders are placed odly to far up and the others to far back. No inside trunk release. Complained to dealer right corner panel loose and no place to hang gas cap they told me all versas are like that? Very squirley on fwy in wind and rides a little rougher than I would expect for a new car . but I do like the car even with these negatives see favorite features.

Bought new 2013 versa has 3800 miles now had 1st oil change. Good Price, Gas mileage has been no lower than 34.5mpg up to 38.7 about 70% on fwy. Sure it will get 40mpg all hwy driving with no problem, mpg gauge about 1-2mpg higher on dash than it actually is. Nice stereo, nice interior. I have the SL so has all the upgrades, keyless entry and keyless starting very nice. Lg trunk, lg glove compartment (Maybe to deep). Great body style lots of comments on looks especially when windows were tinted.

Holder for gas cap, Fix paasenger corner panel issue being loose, Center console storage higly recommended (Had to buy my own), Upper head storage for glasses like kia has, outside temp gauge would be very nice also, Cup holders placed to far up and to far back needs to be centered, Inside trunk release can only release unless you have key with you.

Good Commuter and nice drive
By nissanguy81

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Nice car for the value, and price. I leased this Sedan got a great deal 130.00 a month for 24 months. I cant complain, I looked at all vehicles and this was the best deal for a new car lease. Yes, its not a sports car or very smart in terms of technology and drivablility, but its very practicle. Im a student and need a car that is cheap and good MPG, this car was a no brainer. My only complain is that on highway speeds 60mph plus it has a tendency to swerve in high wind drafts, but its not to bad once you get out of the wind tunnels. But the car drives solid, I like the stiff suspension, conering could be improved, but overal for the price its a hands down car.

Suspension, Visibility, externior

Drivablity, Interior.

This is a nice car
By dqdave

2013 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

1) Comfortable.
2) Practical.
3) Good gas Mileage.
4) Nice Drive.
5) Not a lot of power.
But, enough power.

All the controls make sence. Value, you get a lot for your dollar.

Needs a little more road feel.