Used 2012 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Not a fancy car but extremely reliable
By Lori

2012 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have had two Nissan Versa hatchbacks. The first one was a 2007 with a CVT. The transmission on it blew out twice. Nissan fixed it the first time for me around 80,000 but wouldn't fix it the second time. So the next one I bought off the lot was a basic manual transmission, a 2012. I didn't have high hopes for it but this car is almost at 200,000 miles now and has not given me one single problem. I would never buy another CVT but the manual is fabulous. Mileage is consistantly around 30 mpg. I put snow tires on it in the winter and I drive all over the place with no problem.

Don’t buy
By Jody gale

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned this car for almost 2 years now and I have a a few complaints about it. One of the most annoying things about this car is that my tail light goes out all the time I have replaced the bulb 2 in about 4 months and I have to replace it again today another thing is that since the tires are so small on the car the get torn up easier so u have to be careful I have had to replace 8 tires so far. It’s radiator went out a few months ago and that was really expensive to fix. But there are some good things about this car. Like there is a good amount of room is my car. It also has amazing turn radius and it gets great gas mileage. Also getting the headlights out of the car to change is a pain in the ass. I can’t say the safety on the car is good or bad cause I haven’t been in a wreck. I wouldn’t not recommend on buying this car for your kids first car. Just because something is cheap and looks good doesn’t mean that it is.

A basic auto
By Gerry

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car with 5 speed manual transmission, and roll up windows, great mileage. A very nondescript car with plenty of trunk space. Easy to park. Great CD player and AC/Heat

Stay away from this car!
By Jeff Jones

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

The CVT went out with only 66,000 miles. We had every scheduled maintenance on it. Save your self the trouble avoid buy a Nissan versa.

Just Say No to the 2012 Nissan Versa SV
By Ken

2012 Nissan Versa 1.6 SV 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl CVT)

This car has terrible problems with its CVT. Average failure is at 69,000 miles, just beyond warranty for those who care. The CVT can't actually be fixed by a transmission shop and must be replaced with either a re-manufactured unit or a used unit. Every transmission shop I visited said the same thing, the CVT will absolutely fail no matter what between 120 and 160 thousand miles, if not sooner. Mine failed at 93,583. Costs run between 3,000 to 4,500 to replace with a re-manufactured unit. Unless you can get a 3 yr warranty with a used unit I wouldn't touch it.