Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

No gas mileage
By Curious

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this vehicle new off the dealers lot. It had 57 miles. We now have 620 miles and have filled up 3 times already. It is rated at 32 highway and 24 city. Most of the mileage is highway so I would expect better than 19 mpg. The dealership says it has to break in to get better gas mileage. I have several trips planned in this car that will cost a fortune buying all this gas.

Room and more room.

I can only hope Nissan can improve the gas mileage on this car.

Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

Room. Gas mileage. Comfort for a small car. Relatively high seats. You're not sitting on the floor.

None for the money.

Same songe, two Versa(s)
By DD

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my son a 2007 Versa Hatchback about a week ago; I loved it. I bought one for myself two days ago, a 2009 with 6k on it, with every option but a skating rink! (No fog lights, really.) The car has smooth acceleration and deceleration, good cornering, and is wonderfully quiet. Of all the small cars I looked at--Matrix, Corolla, Scion XB, XD, Nissan Sentra--the Versa has the very best leg room in the back. I just filled up yesterday, so I'm not sure about gas mileage I'll get.

Moon roof, back seat leg room, CVT engine--saves a lot of braking. Bluetooth and cruise right on steering wheel, intelligent key, and I especially like that the car is very quiet.

The car does not have factory direct tinted windows except for the moon roof.

Rear window defect
By Linda Baiz

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Two days ago the rear window of my Versa shattered spontaneously. I had just started the vehicle but was not yet in gear. There was no evidence of a rock or bird strike. Nissan does not warranty broken windows and my insurance has a $500 deductible so I had to pay $386 for replacement.

Until the above incident, I enjoyed the Versa very much. It's roomy, holds the road well, looks nice and is quite fuel efficient.

Fix the spontaneously shattering rear window problem. I understand this happens a lot in Nissans. I will never buy or recommend any one to buy a Nissan because of this.

Good Noise Reduction
By katsuko

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it 4 months ago and i traveled out of state and found that it had good noise reduction. Inside is very quiet and when i opened the window in the highway, thats when i realized it is very quiet inside. I bought a standard no powerlock/window with auto trans and ac and found that it only gets 25-26 miles per gallon in it. Next time i get the more expensive one to get more mpg. I will get the cvt instead. don't get the basic if u want more mpg. Turning is good and brake is good too. the seat is high which is good because i realized it when i was at my friend car. PLus it is very roomy inside and i lov it.

Noise reduction, is very quiet in highway, high seats and yellow lights interior.

mpg for basic one. Do not get the basic you only get 25 miles pg. get the cvt.