Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great car so far only 6 months in
By Aidan

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Compared to my former car a late 90's escort this is a whole different class of vehicle lol. Acceleration is good with the manual even with the A/C on. Cabin is very nice, roomy and mostly quality plastics are used. I don't like the A/C/Heat knobs they feel weak. Tons of storage with the back seats down. I'm getting on average 30 mpg best is around 32 worst being 28! Stereo is decent as are the speakers, glove box has tons of storage & there are tons of other places to hide stuff! Overall for what I paid I feel I got more than what the competition had on offer if you just want to go from home to work and back. Even on the interstate this car was comfortable, solid and quiet at speed.

The cabin even though it's basic it is for the most part quality for the price paid there isn't better to be had. Stock stereo is decent as are the speakers all 4 of them! I really like the 6 speed manual transmission.

I originally wanted a black 1.6 with A/C and power option but was told no because there was only one they could find just like that on the east coast! The base model seems to be out there for marketing if anything, reality is the dealership wants you in something more expensive!

So far so good
By Tanyarmorris

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I went from having a Jeep Wrangler with a 4 inch lift to this little car at my husbands suggestion (saving $ on fuel, of course). I was extremely hesitant until I drove the car. It's fun to drive with plenty of room for my kids and a trunk large enough to fit several bodies in.

Really roomy

Factory tinted windows, install a center console for an armrest and move the seat lever, make keyless entry standard.

Beautiful
By Geared2Go

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It's been said that it's goofy looking but I think it's grown up looking inside and out. It's quiet and is a nice commuter car in comfort. Huge trunk you could fit a body in. Lots of style. Mine's loaded with goodies from bluetooth, upgraded speakers, keyless entry and start, power everything. I love my new car.

Blue tooth, 6 cd changer, ipod socket, keyless entry and start, roomy interior and sporty exterior.

Cup holders not in a really convenient place.

No gas mileage
By Curious

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We just bought this vehicle new off the dealers lot. It had 57 miles. We now have 620 miles and have filled up 3 times already. It is rated at 32 highway and 24 city. Most of the mileage is highway so I would expect better than 19 mpg. The dealership says it has to break in to get better gas mileage. I have several trips planned in this car that will cost a fortune buying all this gas.

Room and more room.

I can only hope Nissan can improve the gas mileage on this car.

Nissan Versa Sedan Great Car
By john cooke

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought it the end of March 2009. Just wanted cheap transportation with good gas mileage. Got it. More room than anyone would imagine for a small car. I get 33 MPG in the winter and consistently 37 in the summer. My wife has a Honda Civic. I like the Nissan better. Great car.

Room. Gas mileage. Comfort for a small car. Relatively high seats. You're not sitting on the floor.

None for the money.