Used 2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Very Happy
By New to Nissan

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased new 6500 miles ago. Used mainly as a commuter and around town car. Not a single problem so far.

CVT transmission is great, especially on hills. Also the cruise control works well. It brings the car up to speed at a steady pace (even from 10-15 MPH below set speed) instead of stomping on the gas like our Trailblazer does. 29- 31 MPG average consistently

The front cup holder location is not convienent (the door water bottle holders work great)

Happy with the Versa
By Jason

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the car new in July of this year. Am happy with it to date. I don't know about the 1.6, but I find the 1.8 has more than enough power. I do a lot of highway mileage, and the car never has any problem reaching highway speeds. Fuel consumption is Ok... I guess that's the price you pay for having a car with more power and that is slightly larger than the competition. Due to the car's height and it's low weight it tends to get blown around a little on windy days, but again I suppose that is to be expected. I think the interior space is exceptional. My father has a Pathfinder and it has nowhere near the interior room that the Versa has. Overall a nice little car, I would buy another!

Peppy engine, relatively low engine noise (1.8), convenience package with AC, power windows and keyless entry, interior space, look of the car, handling.

Better fuel economy, standard height adjustment for the front seats, placement of seat levers.

Poor Quality
By Zane

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our Versa for 2 oil changes and if Nissan had the same program as GM we would give it back. We have had Nissan since there name was Datsun, and this is absolutely the worst Nissan we have had for quality. The basic problem is that most everything that has broken cannot be fixed; as most of them are interment. Two examples; one the serpentine belt squeals – not all the time - not every day; two the CVT belt has a low level gone (low frequency noise), you can sometimes hear when stopped and the radio is off. Both of these problem will only get worse, I just hope they “break” while the car is still under warranty.

Room

Hire some QC techs at the plant,

Still Happy
By dvkiel

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the Versa 14 months ago and am just now approaching 9000 miles on it and so far I have not had any issues with the vehicle. I am getting a very consistent 29-31 mpg commuting around town. Haven't taken it on any long trips as yet but would expect the mpg to be very good.

Keyless intelligent entry is great, Bluetooth hands free phone service is veryy convenient The CVT transmission is very smooth and enjoyable.

Center console arm rest is a not practical at all and needs to be raised as well as made longer. Electric mirror adjustment button is placed very poorly for ease of use. Rear seat not fully able to fold flat is a poor design. Radio display is hard to see in the daylight. Need daytime running lights.

Great affordable car
By CJ & Rich

2009 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We replaced our old Ford F 150 extended cab with the new Versa. Our other Vehicle is a 2001 Ford F250 crew cab, so going small was a big issue for us. We were used to having lots of room. We have had our Versa for 3 months. So far, we love it. It is very comfortable especially for it's size. We recently took a 700+ mile trip down to Florida in it. We are not little people by any stretch of the imagination, yet we were quite comfortable. Gas mileage was a strong 36 to 38 miles to the gallon....we love that!

Love it's style, Gas millage, Comfort and handling. We are glad we got the Moon Roof, it makes feel bigger inside.

More places to plug electronic accessories in. Cup holders in back seat. bigger & longer armrests in front seats...they are really wimpy and short.