Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Consider instead of paying for the H
By DenverDailyDriver

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'm not sure where car magazines got it into their head that the premiere concern of most drivers is 'fun'. Fun driving in a stop-and-go city you probably mean gunning it to the next light and cutting people off. Whee! You want fun, Mazda 3 makes more sense. For those of us who have commute on a city grid and not pick of a stable of autos, the Versa does great and is probably a better fit than the Fit. Edmunds admits in their Fit review: "However, more comfort-minded consumers may better appreciate the Nissan's quieter cabin, cushier seats and higher available feature content." I saved myself $3000 over Fit prices, have more horsepower and more torque, and a 7 yr ext. warranty.

Quiet for commutes, 30 mpg city. Stereo in the S sounds great, controls obvious. Cargo area very versatile, more room than the Fit (the 2009 Honda specs include passenger seat down driving space. Really, guys?) Deep glove box and convenient storage area above radio.

Antilock brakes should be standard on all cars; shame on Nissan for making them optional. EZ to access auxilliary port for portable mp3 player use should also be standard in this day and age. Wider and deeper cup holders.

Superior interior room to competition
By Louie

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Versa last year in order to visit my grandson about 6 hours away. It has performed very well and reliably. It has 22k miles with only one service call for check engine which was just a sensor. My Versa is an S with a hatchback, 1.8L engine, automatic, power windows, ABS and cruise control. I am so glad that it has these options as it has made this car so comfortable over the long haul.

I have test driven the Fit, Yaris, Fiesta, Caliber, to name a few. My wife confirmed the fact that these were very claustrophobic compared to the Versa. The bigger engine to the competition and finally the price sealed the deal.

The CD radio should have an input for your iPod, a center console with an armrest would be welcome. If the rear seat bottom would flip forward to allow for a flat floor would be most welcome.

The Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned
By mandj123

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this vehicle for almost 2 years now and from the moment I bought it I have had problems. It has been to the dealer multiple times, and when I say multiple I mean way too many to count. I have had start up issues since I bought the vehicle, which leads me to believe that the fuel pump is bad, I have alignment problems, I have a car alarm that works sometimes but not at other times, the material on the interior doors has been falling off for some time now, the car makes noises when I turn, and worst of all and most recent the piece of junk is having transmission problems at just 25,000 miles and the dealer cannot fix it. I hate this car, don't think of buying one its a nightmare.

My favorite feature is the gas mileage, when the car actually works

Remove the vehicle from production and give everyone their money back that bought one.

First car
By John

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

It's a simple little car nothing special but I have gotten from girls that it's cute and they like it. It even has a cute name. Great for the price.

Pretty good stock speakers

a little to squarish

Love my Versa
By Love my Versa

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First time ever buying a car and a new driver. I love the way my versa rides. It is comfortable. I can see everything around me and I only have to fill my tank I also look good in it. Good Job Nissan!

Good mileage, Look goo