Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Love my Versa
By Love my Versa

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Base 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

First time ever buying a car and a new driver. I love the way my versa rides. It is comfortable. I can see everything around me and I only have to fill my tank I also look good in it. Good Job Nissan!

Good mileage, Look goo

Arm rest

Great Value
By havingfun

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with this purchase. A 2009 Hatchback S with CD player, AC and automatic for $11,500. The engine is so quiet, enough rev for rush hour traffic. Decent sound system and so much space inside. It's the perfect commuter car plus the space to throw the kids, recyclables, and the pets inside when needed. You won't be disappointed. The mpg quoted around 33 seems exact to me. Remembering my 1995 Altima as the best car ever, hoping Versa picks up the torch.

Exterior look, and all of the basics to keep me happy 5-10 years. Top off with synthetic oil every 5K and drive happy. AC is arctic like.

The stock steel wheels with hub covers is pathetic, can't wait to replace with black alloys a la MINI.

Great car for the Price
By sluguy

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought Versa Hatchback for my wife and found the car to be such a good deal I bought one for myself 2 months later. Currently have 12,000 miles on each car and only problem we have had is a nail in one tire on wife's Versa. Took trip to St. Louis and found the Versa to be quiet,comfortable and great gas mileage. Got 36 MPG on the highway. I would highly recommend the Versa for the consumers who are looking for a great car for a reasonable price.

Interior Room and Body Style

Center console

Poorly built/poorly designed
By RB

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is mediocre at best. Very poor quality, the interior molding and panels started coming off withing a few months, despite being well-taken cared of. Interior also awkwardly designed and made of cheap material, seats very uncomfortable, dash is dimly lit, useless cup holders, This vehicle is surprisingly low quality for a Nissan.

The only good feature of this vehicle is that is quite roomy for a car its size. Interior feels quite spacious

There are much better buys in this vehicle class, like a Toyota Matrix or a Honda Fit.

Great car after 1 year
By jason438

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I wrote a review a while ago, and thought I would follow-up one year later. I love this car more and more with each day! I live in Montreal, and the car handled very well on slippery roads in the winter. Thanks to the high ground clearance, it is also very good at getting through snow. Fuel economy is not as good as a Fit or a Yaris, but it has definitely improved since the car was broken it. Air conditioning is very cold, and this car is always comfortable to drive. Absolutely no problems to report after 1 year and 38,000 km (23,750 miles)

Air conditioning, leg room, overall comfort, peppy engine, height of driving position, reliability, exterior appearance

Fuel economy should be a little better, considering the 6th speed