Used 2009 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Good Civic Corolla alternative.
By ZYZEX

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

Roomy-ness and comfortable interior in small car for tall people describes the overall driving experience. The quality of Nissan is much improved than I remembered. I feel the effects of the merger with Renault. There is a blend of European design cues mixed with Asian. Front seats are high of the floor like in a Jetta. You comfortably sit with your knees bent, not straight like in a sports car. At 6'3" I find plenty of head room. Did not come with a stock radio for $1k more. Install a way better one, for not even half.

Gas tank cap on the passenger side makes waiting for a gas station pump easier now because most cars have gas caps on the driver side.

Made in Mexico, better monitor the quality. Had a badly installed wire from the factory removed and refitted because it shorted the O2 sensor. Gas mileage seem to have dropped after the first tank even with fwy and ease on the gas peddle driving. Key fob on passenger side needed.

Great car for tall men
By John

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I am 6'3" tall. I was looking for a small, fuel efficient, reliable car that was as comfortable as possible. I tried Honda's, Toyota's, Hyundai's, Fords, Chevey's, Susuki's and Nissan's. Of all, the Nissan Versa was by far the most comfortable-lots of legroom, headroom, backseat room, a quiet interior and comfortable front and back seats. It also sits higher off the ground so when you get out of the car you don't have to hold onto the edges of the door frame to pull yourself up and out of the car - something that gets real old after a few days. And Consumer Reports gave most of the car's components a "Well Above Average" rating for durability. Plus the most inexpensive and great mileage!

Alot of the small cars come only in a dark interior. Versa has a light beige interior, which living in Florida is much cooler in the summers.

There is no center console between the front seats. Us big guys really need a hanger for those long arms. I'm going to build one for myself but wouldn't it be incredible if Nissan came out with a manufactured insert console that we could purchase at the dealer? They'd sell thousands and be CS heroes

Great value economy car
By gregoron

2009 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have the 2009 1.8S hatchback model with a 4sp auto trans, and no pwr door locks and pwr windows. Overall, it's a good daily commuter car with a roomy and elegant interior for its class. I think this car delivers more value than its competitors the Honda Fit, Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Accent, and Scion xD. I get around 20 mpg in town so far. But at 500 miles, I did have a faulty evap valve on the catalytic converter replaced by the dealer under warranty. It's a world car - aka Tiida in Europe/Japan. The US Versa is put together in Mexico with the engine and transmission assembled in Japan. I'm pleased with the car. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stylish and frugal daily commuter.

Nice exterior and interior design. Engine has some power on the low end and has advanced features such as EVVT, electric power steering, drive-by-wire throttle, and a timing CHAIN. Shocks have good dampening to give a smooth ride in town and highway.

I'd suggest an in-car trunk release for those without power door locks. Better fuel economy would be nice. More space between the accelerator and brake pedals.

this car is 5 stars
By senojdr2

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

For the price this car won't be equaled, any time soon. I have tested mileage, and got 32.5 city, 33.5 with both. I am sure of even higher mileage on highway. Any one looking for great quality comfort ride won't be disappointed! The sedan I now drive is the overall best car I have ever owned. I am 75, and have seen my share of cars. Try and buy.

Smooth ride great gas mileage will be only topped by electric cars. Automatic is outstanding.

Up graded lacking features radio, temp in and out, compass, vanity mirror. Now car is first class, ready to go.

5 stars
By senojdr2

2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

This is a dream car,The price is extremely low for a great performing automobile. My only complaint is lack of radio.I think this is a game to increase price.I ordered a Sony CD radio for a total price 151.24. Will pay 40-50 installation. Versa comes prewired except a radio. Ebay tell me of 200.00 saving over Nissan's radios.

Very large interior.Seats are extremely comfortable. terrific ride and handling.

Biggest flaw is NO radio.