Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Bang for the buck!
By Fred Mallien

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Advantages: Extremely roomy. Uncanny quiet engine at idle (you cannot feel it or hear it). Peppy (I have gotten it to 118mph), but good mileage (30 city, 35 highway in real life). Disadvantages: Very susceptible to crosswinds. There is no keyhole in the hatch.

Good car, but needs some improvements
By DVB's Daughter

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy "Scarlet." The car is responsive and easy to handle (except in really strong winds). I like the design. It's quiet inside with the windows closed. The radio is surprisingly good, and the cabin is spacious and roomy. Overall, very satisfied, and the areas of improvement would make it a FANTASTIC car!

I bought the hatchback in Red Alert. I think it is easy to drive and is quite comfortable. I think "Scarlet" is a really cute car and I've really enjoyed her and felt really smart to be filling her tank when gas was $4 a gallon.

Tire sensor light will not go off... tires have been checked. Inside light is abysmal. Speedometer is very hard to read. In deep south Texas the air conditioner is inadequate and air circ.system is very hard to use comfortably; the air always feels hot.

Good Car
By Happy Owner

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car when gas hit $4.00 a gallon. I only use it going to and from work, and it's all highway. I average between 32-36 mpg. Depending if I hit traffic. My best was 40 mpg, I never got over 63 mph, and there was a tailwind. Now that gas is down it takes me $16.00 to fill up. The one flaw I can find is the cup holders, they are in horrible spots.

Gas mileage.

Cup holders in better location.

I got what I wanted
By Carl

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a vehicle comparable to my 2004 Pontiac Vibe which has 110,000 miles and has been perfectly reliable. I also wanted a vehicle that is smoother and quieter than the Vibe, which I still love despite noisy and expensive tires. The Versa fills the bill, is a little more maneuverable and takes less effort to drive. Visibility is a little better too. Fuel economy is comparable, Versa being better in the city and the Vibe slightly better on the highway. For me the Versa is plenty quick (like the Vibe). I like the quiet, the Blue Tooth, the jack in the ratio that lets me use my $30 XM radio.

Ease of driving, performance, quiet for a small car (low road and wind noise), radio, keyless entry and ride. Seating is very roomy.

Auto on headlights, and AC outlet like the Vibe.

Versa SL Hatchback
By petrolhead85

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Mine is an SL with the tech and sport packages (i.e., every option available) So far I am very impressed with my Versa. I cross-shopped this car with the Fit, Rondo, Yaris, VW City Golf (Canada-only model) and even the Mazda 3. in the end it was between this and the Fit. I chose the Versa because it had a better interior and was better value for money. So far (~4000 miles) nothing has gone wrong and there hasn't even been the customary "mysterious new car dash squeak." It feels like I'm driving a high quality product and not an econobox. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but it really suits this engine and doesn't feel bogged down like the 4 spd auto in my '04 Sentra.

Excellent quality interior for this class, even better than some more expensive cars. The 280 watt 7-speaker stereo sounds as good as my surround sound at home. Very easy to pull into tight parking spots. Ride quality is very good. Overall value for money compared to the competition.

An SE-R type version is needed. The standard suspension is a bit too soft for fun cornering. The CVT could use a manual mode and it tends to hesitate at very low speed when I touch the accelerator.