Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 122 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Like the vehicle, but having problems
By hjb0028

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Nissan!! This car drives great and has SO much head and foot room!! It has plenty of cup holders and gets great gas mileage. I also love how sleek it looks on the outside!!! I have had some problems with it however. My starter is going out for the 2nd time, I have had to have my fuel pump changed already, and I am always having hubcaps fall off… about 7 so far. Thank goodness for my warranty!! Other than that though I love my car. It is so relaxing and comfortable to drive. The trunk has plenty of room also. My dealership has been the best I have ever had. They have been extremely friendly and has work well with me.

Head room, leg room, gas mileage (especially), comfortable, outside looks great, all the window room

Hubcaps

Good car, very poor dealer & Mfr. backup
By ABC

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car purchased strictly for economical driving to ranches on good highways. Cruise control very important accessory. Cruise control is the worst I have ever experienced. Resume mode is a joke. Driving on normal highways in flat South Texas is nightmare. Any little bump or slight incline causes cruise control to downshift from 2800 RPMs to 4200 RPMs. Nissan will not fix. Mileage poor because of cruise control (28-30 average).

Smooth and quite ride. Leg-room in back seat. Good headroom for 6'2" Texan with hat.

Eliminate cruise control option if it won't work like normal controls. Better Mfr. backup. Law suit in progress. "They all do it" is Mfr.'s response to my repeated complaints about cruise control problem.

Nissan Forever
By Nissan Rich

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have two other Nissans (and our 1969 AMX). We buy them for the longevity and value. This one is no different, good value for the money, a/c, p/s, p/b, cruise, CD, auto. Not sure if that is the series or extra purchase. Gets about 30 mpg, city/highway combined. Got 35 mpg highway at 85 mph in Colorado, Washington on a trip to see my son. Has had a few hiccups, fuel regulator causes you to turn key three or four times to start while pressure builds, fixed under warranty, tire pressure sensor goes off for right rear tire but so slow a leak dealer cant find it, steering wheel made a scuffing sound when turned lock to lock. Overall very satisfied, 11,000 miles already, fun to drive, good mpg.

Fun car, easy to drive, cruise keeps at set speed, good mpg (especially compared to Blazer!), good sounding base stereo, loaded, good value, should last forever, have 3 Nissan trucks, 1,200,000 miles on those three, not a joke. Hope this lasts like those, 200,000 on current one, its just broke in.

Bit more attention to build quality, cupholders illogically placed, fix the fuel regulators before sold, engine a bit noisy under acceleration, cruise kicks down too far in effort to keep speed up, 2500 rpm to 4300 rpm in an instant, not necessary and will do it if one mile below set speed!

Great commuting car
By Joe

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

100 miles/day and the car is great. Comfortable, but the S needs a center arm rest. Very smooth ride and handles very well. Most interior room of any small car we tested (Yaris, Elantra, Cobalt, Mazda3, Corolla). I'm 6'2" and leg room was very important. This is a great buy for your money. 32 MPG when I drive reasonably, 29 MPG when I keep up with Chicago traffic at 80 MPH.

MPG, interior room, door arm rests are very comfy. Interior design is quite functional.

Center arm rest standard for all models. ABS standard.

My first import...
By SubVet

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I traded a 1998 Buick Century with well over 100,000 miles for this new Versa, and to date, am very happy I purchased it. My Buick was like a member of the family. For ten years, I got in each morning, turned the key, and she started. Never a problem. So far, my new Nissan is proving to be a worthy replacement. I average 35 MPG with a 6- speed transmission and the car is very comfortable. For the price ($10,000 + my trade), I cannot complain. The car even included power everything, ABS, keyless entry, cruise control and splash guards.

It's fun to drive and I never have to leave anything at home. Lots of room!