Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Versa for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Poor Fuel Economy

C. Townshend, 05/19/2008

I bought this car because I was persuaded by the dealer that the CVT sedan would get far better fuel economy than my Honda Civic. Having driven this car for almost a year and averaged little more than 21 miles per gallon, I feel cheated by both the dealership, and by Nissan who make the original claim in conjunction with the EPA. With gas prices as they are I cannot afford a vehicle that does not even come close to the advertized MPG, and I would warn anybody against buying a Nissan Versa if it's fuel economy you're after. I am not an aggressive driver and yet this car seems to drink gas like an SUV. I have a complaint in with Nissan and it has still not been resolved after 7 months!

Fuel Mileage

Susan Kite, 05/29/2008

We traded in a 1998 Toyota Corolla to purchase our 2007 Nissan Versa in order to save gas. The sticker on the window indicated that we would be getting 28 city and 35 highway miles. We have now owned this car for almost a year and are barely getting 23 miles to the gallon, a far cry from our old toyota that ran perfect. So not only due we now have a car payment but a car that gets horrible gas mileage. We've tried several times to off load this to purchase a car that gets good gas mileage only to find out that a car we paid $14,000 for less than a year ago is only worth around 9 or 10 thousand dollars. I'm so sad that we no longer own our toyota. Cute car, fun to drive but don't buy it to save.

Best Economic Decision

Prock, 05/29/2008

I traded in my 2003 Pathfinder LE for this vehicle. I was no longer towing heavy trailers so I didn't need it. I am 6'1" at 185 lbs, plenty of room. This car has much more head and leg room than my wife's 2003 Sentra. Fuel economy was much lower than the EPA estimates but still acceptable. The fit and finish is very good for this price category.

Much more ROOM than expected

JM, North Carolina, 08/01/2020
1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Versa Hatchback "SL"..Compact outside (169.1 ft L) yet Mid-Size inside. I am 6'4" and have a fist of room between my head and headliner while back seat Headroom and Leg room (Front & Rear) is great too. Luggage area is 50.4 cu/ft w/ seats folded. (More than most compact SUVs) Efficient CVT transmission gets 30 MPG or more consistently. Feels solid and well made. SL comes with a 6 CD player..Headlights have great distance. What more can you ask for? Don't over look these first edition Versas..they are a bargain.

Where is the finish line

Alesndy , 08/31/2020
1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this 2007 Nissan Versa with 4L automatic transmission with 50k miles. It’s now at 282,000. My only issues have been a handle that got knocked off during an accident and bad spark plugs that stalled the car. The second being my fault because I didn’t change then in time. This car can’t miss maintenance. Not the one pushed by shops but the one in the manual. No transmission issues. Though I don’t know if that’s luck, maintenance or not having gone with the CVT. My only dislike of this car is how basic it is. Plus all the recalls. Fortunately haven’t had issues having them fixed for free. But still a drag to take time to bring it in.