Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

ok if $17K is disposable income
By Maria B. Perez

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car brand new on 5/23/07. After 2 months, I called the dealership & said I was unhappy with the mpg. I paid extra for CVT transmission to get 33/36 mpg. On any given day (even while using synthetic oil), my best is 30 mpg. He said no one twisted my arm to buy the car. (no Wonder Nissan yanked their contract from this dealership.) upholstery is rubbed where the child seat sometimes sits. Carpet where the clutch would be if it was manual, looks like I took a razor to it. Molding on the rear right window is coming off. A/c stopped working just past warranty. They won't help to fix a/c system on 2-year-old car. Too bad-was going to upgrade to murano in 2 yrs. When daycare expenses decrease.

I really miss my Isuzu Rodeo, but was often pleasantly surprised at how much I could fit in this little car.

I know it's an economy car, but that doesn't mean the upholstery & carpeting should wear out faster than a $10 Target t-shirt.

DON'T BUY A VERSA
By ddirschell

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car new. Driven mostly highway miles to/from work. Bluetooth module didn't work when I bought it. Fit & finish items at 5k, same issues now but it's no longer under warranty. Interior rattles out the wazoo. New Engine 24K. Tires 30K. New Transmission 59K. Replaced CV boots 59K. Days in shop since I've owned it, 68. Still making the vibrations in the drivetrain & "they can't figure it out". Only 500 miles left on the warranty. Bet they'll figure it out as soon as I have to pay for it. Best mpg 30, worst mpg 22, average mpg 26. Owned Nissans before but NEVER AGAIN!!

Bluetooth, keyless entry/starting.

Build quality. Mileage.

Nice small Car...BUT....
By Viktorio

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a new car and after 18 month a start hearing noisy inside of my car, transmission goes very noisy until RPMs goes down, service check engine light comes on very offter, sendos replaced, tire blow up, transmission goes 20m/p then went up without pressing excelator almost, horn went down after 2 years. I had issue with transmission but technician was not be able to find the issue plus charge me $95 for diagnostic and next month the transmission is went down.

Blue tooth, stereo, smooth ride

interios noise should be isolated and specially where a passenger air bag. Technician should be more guide how to fix the issue.

Excellent Value
By Phil/Carmen

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For the money, best value on the street. I am ex football player for the size of the car this vehicle is very comfortable. When we first purchased our Versa the brake lights kept blowing out every week, our interior cabin seems to be hot all of time. However fun car to drive, gas mileage gets better as it breaks in. Love the sound system, but they need to correct rear seat belt issue mine is so tight you can't slip your fingers between the belt and the rear back support portion of the seat. Remember this is a economy car, we are very Happy. Make it easier for us to work on the car Nissan, at least to change oil/filters and make a better key and hub caps the holders are plastic (Weak).

Comfort of seating, handling, steering, sound system, storage

tire warning light, break lights go out all of the time, find out why the interior cabin stays so warm, air conditioning needs more Freeze power. Use hub caps with metal grips versus the plastic ones that break off so that we dont lose so many hub caps.

A small car with large space like magic
By Lynn Chen

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Nissan Versa for 2 years. Although it has some small disadvantages, its advantages are more than disadvantages. In my experience, my tire pressure light has come on several times even though my car is well maintained, and there is loud engine noise when I gas it to go uphill. However, those incidents have never cut down my pleasure on driving this car. Versa is totally fit for me because it looks young, and it has a lot of advantages. I would say Versa is cheaper, larger and more comfortable than other entry-level hatchbacks and sedans.

The look and large space.

Tire pressure light and the engine noise.