Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great Car
By bscanlan

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just sold my 2007 Versa after 39000 miles and 38 months. I am sad to see it go as it was a great car. Inexpensive to buy, great mileage (32 mpg), reliable, and fun. I have never had a car with as good a drivers position and/or visibility. As a fun and well-built people mover, it has no equal; certainly not the Fit or Yaris; it is in a class by itself. It served me well and never complained. Good job Nissan. Thanks Versa.

Drivers position and visibility, auto express up and down, huge cabin, quality interior materials for the segment, steering feel, true versa-tility.

None

Does what I bought it to do.
By mattman

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

While I haven't reached sticker highest is 35 lowest is 29 in 20K miles with routine service (in NJ with crappy winter gas, traffic & horrible roads). I've had a few trim piece issues but that's it (haven't lost a hub). Bought it to carry lots of stuff (does), get good hwy mpg for my commute (does), comfortable seats (yep), cheap payment (you bet), not breakdown (doesn't). One errant pass airbag rattle that only comes out in winter would be my only nagging complaint, but even that is seasonal. Keep tires @ correct pressure and light won't come on; duh. Easy oil changes for the DIY types like myself. A- from me.

Radio/speakers - I upgraded to the SL only CD changer/aux - brilliant. Light years ahead of my '97 Jag system. Seats are WAY comfortable. My commute + old Hyundai led to lower back problem - gone now. Easy fold rear seats.

Sun visor needs to block more than 5% of side window. More cargo room if seats could fold flat into floor a la Fit. Bulb swap should NOT require removal of entire assembly...I mean really? Standard side airbags but no standard armrest? Sheesh-totally worth the $40 aftermarket.

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

Lots of room and nice to drive.

good car but could use improvement
By Nancy

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Versa hatchback in 9/06 after looking at the Matrix, Fit and Mazda 3. I have never had a problem starting the car, and I find it quite peppy and fun to drive. There are, however, the "little things" that have bothered me about this car that even an economy car shouldn't fall short on: 1. the tire pressure warning light has been on since day 2; 2. 4 wheel covers have fallen off due to low quality plastic pins; 3. the interior cabin gets quite hot from (i'm guessing) engine heat coming thru the ventilation system; and 4. trim pieces have come unglued. Finally, like other reviewers, I have also been disappointed by the gas mileage from this small car: typically 27 city; 30 hwy.

Interior passenger room, peppy ride, six speed manual transmission, reliability

Exterior quality (wheel cover pins, trim pieces); temperature in interior cabin

Gus Guzzler
By ciara

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because Nissan stated that it got 36 mph and 30 miles per gallon in the city. I only get 16 miles per gallon in the city and 29 on the freeway. The auto fuel sensor has broken twice and it has been replaced under warranty. I was told the repair would improve mileage but it did not. It's a comfortable car to drive if you can afford the gas.

Pump seats in front, leg room, comfortable.

Improve the gas mileage or stop lying about it.