Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Major and Minor issues
By EJM

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

bluetooth is nice and gas mileage is okay (I get 28-30 city and 30-35 highway)

better build quality; fix the transmission; better yet, dump the CVT as they don't seem very reliable despite Nissan recently increasing their CVT warranty to 100K miles, doesn't help when service dept won't honor the warranty. This will likely be my last Nissan. We've had better luck with Kia!

Worst car I've ever owned
By R. Northcott

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Nissan Versa the first year it came out. I was looking for good gas mileage and the sticker said 28 city, 35 highway. The mileage was good at first but then I noticed that I was going to the gas station more often so I started tracking my mileage again. Well, I then discovered that I was getting 19 miles to a gallon instead of the 26 or so I got when I first bought the car. I brought it to the dealership where I bought it and another local Nissan dealership and was told nothing was wrong with the car. I'm not happy and will never buy another Nissan.

Gas mileage

Fool me once...
By twicescrewed

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned TWO 2007 Versas, probably the worst cars I have ever owned (and that includes GM products). The first one was in the shop 5 times for TPMS issues in 8,000 miles before, mercifully, it was destroyed in an accident. Unfortunately, I was set up with another, and that one was worse. In the shop 14 times for 23 separate issues over 32,000 miles. The dealer never fixed it right, including simple things like gluing the rear door seals in place. I got rid of this (on my own, and my own expense) when they refused to fix a problem where the transmission (6-sp manual) occasionally went into 1st when you put it in reverse. NO THANKS, NEVER AGAIN will I own a Nissan.

Seats very comfortable, great passenger room, bluetooth system worked great, great gas mileage (when it ran)

Redesign the whole thing from the ground up, TEST the final product thoroughly, and then don't assemble it in Mexico. Even lazy UAW workers put things together better.

2007 Versa
By Versa4me

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my Nissan Versa new. It has a lot of great options such as the hands free phone system, control buttons on the steering wheel and small sub woofer built into the vehicle. The car is a lot of fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and has some get up and go. This car is also great for transporting things because the hatchback has a wide opening and the seats fold down. I have not had any repair issues with this car. However, recently I have noticed there seems to be a delay in the shifting from the lowest gear. My car is out of warranty so I have not taken it in to be looked at. But it did not seem coincidental that Nissan also recently extended their warranty on vehicles wi

Upgraded sound system, hands free phone system, push button start

Improve seat quality and CVT issues

Love my Versa
By survivorqueen

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In 2006, after much research, I was happy to decide on the Versa. I am tall and plus sized, the Versa is very spacious. The mileage seems to be the same as my previous Sentra. I did have problems with the vehicle. First there was a recall on the wiper arm (or in that area). Nissa didn't informed me. I found out about it online. Secondly, whenever I turned on the air conditioner, and turned off the car, there were problems when I tried to restart the car. The car wouldn't turn over. It took two years to finally repair. The fuel line had to be replaced. I too kept losing the hubcap. I lost two. I've never had that problem with any other vehicle.

Plenty of leg, hip, and head room for driver and passengers.

Make a hybrid version. The mileage could be better.