Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great Car all around
By Shawnn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm in real estate and needed something to get me all over the place. I selected the Versa because I have always liked a hatchback, and it's gas mileage is top notch. I purchased the SL and it was worth the extra for the keyless ignition, CVT transmission and alloys. I really enjoy this car. I see lesser competition all over, the Fit is TINY in comparison, my parents purchased a Chevy Aveo, and that car is cheap. The Yaris doesn't have the interior room. I routinely average 33.5 MPG and that is with a mix of city and freeway driving, has (knock on wood) never wanted to go visit the service department, except for oil, and tires!! I love this car.

Gas Mileage, transmission, and worry free driving

the Driver's seat base could have better adjustment, it should be able to tilt, not just up, down, forward, backward,

Versa/Kenny Ross
By Heflynn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new with 17 miles on it. I drive it back and forth to work, no off road, nor do I have a passenger the majority of the time. Here is what has been replaced. Strut bearings, struts, intermediate steering column (noise came back so it is going back again) rotors, rotors turned, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor, rear defrost (twice), muffler has rusted off. This part is not covered under my extended warranty and it will cost around 2000.00 to fix. I have had no issue with the dealership that I bought it from, they are great just a bad product to be selling. The servicing dealership Kenny Ross, horrible service. There is not enough space to explain how terrible my experience was.

It has round tires.

Build the car with material that will not wear out as soon as it hits the air.

Good, but not great
By Ron R

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this for my daughter to drive in the future, and it has a lot of good things, but as we use it, find a few disappointments. After only three years (just out of warranty) I learn that replacing a taillight costs over $100. Replace or add a key: $200. Scuff marks are hard to remove, there is a lot of plastic. We like the features, although selection was limited, I guess this is common now. It also advertised a little better mileage than I get which is @27 mpg.

controls on the steering wheel for cruise, volume, hands-free bluetooth cell phone, aux jack for ipod.

better quality overall, better placement for cup holder and coin holder for front seat. Two line screen display for stereo, and be able to show us song info. Cheaper light replacement methods!

Completely AWESOME
By zbaerenlovesme

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Versa, and I'll be sad when I have to trade it in soon due to having another child. The one thing I don't like is that it won't fit three car seats ha ha ha. I have had negligible problems with my Versa. I have never "lost" a hubcap due to fly off or fall off, just to other versa owners STEALING them. I am surprised that another owner has expressed problem with the interior noise as I sometimes cannot tell if it is on or not it is so quiet. I have had it in the shop only for Nissan notified issues and regular maintenance. I agree, replacements hubcaps are too expensive. I get a reasonable gas mileage at 27 city, 33 highway.

Manual Transmission, Gas Mileage

Better owner notification for problems with the car. Better hubcaps.

WARNING!!! Do NOT Buy
By Me and my 2 Dollies

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car and drove it off the lot w/ under 50 miles on it. Was told would get 41 MPG even going 80 MPH. Most Ive gotten is 32 and that was 1 time. Hub caps broke off w/in 6 months. TOO expensive to replace. Most miles are freeway miles. Tires had to be replaced after 20000 miles. Serviced engine as required and engine went out on me at around 40000. Wasn't covered under warranty because I couldn't find 2 receipts. Paid $4800+ for new engine. 20000 miles later replacing it again. This time warranty is covering it. Car is not reliable. Very noisy inside even w/ the windows up. Would not recommend purchasing if wanting something reliable. Engine not reliable.

Better warranty coverage. Cheaper plastic hub caps. Truth on the gas mileage. Quieter inside. Better engine in general. Just rebuild the whole thing from scratch.