Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Amazing car for the price..
By cloud9ine

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Versa is an amazing car for the price. Awesome handling, great interior and lots of space. Totally great car.

Rear legroom bigger than a Maxima's.

Steering vagueness, low-gear power a little.

Value Car
By kzitikat

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car to drive back and forth from work. I plan on keeping it until it dies or 300,000 miles - whichever comes first. I like the ride and quality feel which isn't what I expected in a subcompact. I wish the gas mileage was better compared to my last car (my Corolla was getting 38), but I am getting between 32-34 which isn't terribly disappointing. The air conditioner is making a disconcerting grinding noise when I first turn it on. I plan to have it checked by the dealer. Otherwise the quality has been excellent. The engine in the car is not very powerful. I like to call it a sewing machine engine. It is sufficient for my usage though.

The car sits much higher than other subcompact cars. The price was my favorite 'feature'.

A center armrest would be nice. Also more storage compartments along the center console.

Versa (Tiida) in Oz
By Andrew in Oz

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Drove one as a high car here and was looking for a vehicle to buy. Tried a few vehicles not really considering Tiida but kept comparing others to Tiida. Great in traffic - nice to shoot off from the lights while the V8 boys can't afford to shoot off anymore. Comfortable to drive as plenty of adjustment in seat (including height) and steering wheel. Was only going to be a second car but can't really justify spending twice the price for little more than a badge. Read so so reviews in Oz but good to see owners rate this car.

Comfort, interior space, quiet, nippy, fuel economy, easy to drive and park.

Possibly more options. Don't like cars bein offered without ABS. Don't buy without ABS you may need it one day.

Fun car... gas mileage stinks!!
By ELIZABETH

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car is just outright a fun car. I love the bluetooth capabilities considering the phone is my life. I especially love the CVT. It makes the car less noisy and its a smooth ride for the most part. I have not had the car for long but I am beginning to think the car doesn't really get 36 MPG. I am averaging about 28-31 MPG on the highway. The car tends to be a smooth ride with an occasional drifting. Not sure what that is about. I feel my 1999 Grand Am with over 200,000 still gets better gas mileage.

My favorite feature by far is the intelligent key. Can't live without it now that I have it.

I feel the suggested gas mileage is way off and needs to be corrected. I am not sure I need to break the car in but the whole reason for the purchase was for the gas mileage.

2007 Versa S Automatic, Power Package
By SamNC

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It downshifts between 20-45 mph at which speeds to merge on highways are dangerous. There is a second or 2 delay in shifting gears, seems in neutral with high revs. It accelerates well from 60 to 70 mph and is equally well accelerating from 70 to 80 or 90 mph. Very good steering and handling when driving below 65 mph. Anything above 65 mph, steering becomes bad and sway a little within the driving lane. The car is now at 800 miles. With about 45% highway 55% city and I am easy on throttle and look way ahead for stop driving, I get about 25 mpg, way below the expected 32 mpg. Remotes and keys are quite bulky.

It accelerates well from 60 mph to 90 mph. Small and compact, good seating design.

1. MPG 2. When push pedal for gas to accelerate, it seems disengaging gears for about one second when downshifting automatically, needs urgent attention. 3. Acceleration from 20 to 50 downshift problem to be rectified.