Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Better for families than Fit or Corolla
By jw

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car. We looked at the Honda Fit and the Toyota Corolla. We were impressed with the versatility of the Fit and the reliability of the Corolla, but we're very glad we bought this Versa sedan. We're a family of 5: three kids between the ages of 6 and 11. Our Versa has the same rear legroom as our Mercury Sable, no kidding. It just seems so spacious! Much roomier & more comfortable than the Fit or Corolla. Rated safer than those cars too. We regularly get an average of 32 mpg in mixed driving (with 3 kids and their stuff!) -- no complaints there. True, resale value won't be as high as Honda or Toyota, but our Versa was at least $2000 less to buy!

Comfortable seating, seems "high" for such a small car -- good visibility. Our kids actually found the S more comfortable than the SL. Interior quality noticeably higher than other subcompacts. Very good (but not excellent) gas mileage. Rides comfortably like a much larger car.

Why cruise control was not given as an option on 2007 S models is beyond me. Has been addressed in 2008 models, thankfully. Power Package really should be standard. I've driven stick shift for a long time and I have a love/hate relationship with this one... it's somewhat clunky.

Nissan Versa SL
By ciara hanley

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The main reason I bought this car was because of the advertised gas mileage on the sticker. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles per gallon in the city and I'm only getting 30 miles on the highway. The sales people emphasized how great the fuel economy was but I guess none of them own one. I think Nissan should give a more accurate fuel economy rating especially with the high cost of gas. They're misleading people. The car is comfortable to sit in and to drive.

The pump seat on the SL. Smooth ride.

Redesign the glove compartment so it is wider rather than deeper. It is hard to reach in and find things and the little cubicle in the front is too small to hold even a map. It's basically useless. Also, it would be much better to have the back seats fold down flat.

It's great to own a Versa
By shannon

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, had Hondas previously and like the Versa so much better, and the top of technology put into it and having a look of a European car. In black it's really cool looking, drives great and has a great sound system. You never see the hood of the car, you look out your windshield and only see the road, really different then any car I've ever driven.

Bluetooth phone, XM radio, keyless key and sunroof.

Better than advertised
By Edwin

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

On the highway on 2 occasions in a row I got over 500 miles on one tank of gas - better even than advertised. This is a great car. I have a friend who has a Fit and he drools over my car - it's got more space, same mileage, more power (the fit is like driving a wind-up toy), and the CVT is incredible - what a smooth ride. I have 3 cars - 1 Honda, 1 Toyota, and 1 Nissan. I got the Versa for $1200 less than the Fit for a top of the line model and got the one I wanted right away. Impossible with a Fit.

Robust engine, CVT, 6 disc CD changer, lots of back seat room, iPod plug-in, rear seat armrest cup-holders, spacious trunk, incredible gas mileage.

I got ABS for only $200 more but it would be nice to have this standard. Center arm rest.

It's a pretty good car
By Lex

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a college student and I bought this car because it was cheap, cute, and great on gas. It really hasn't let me down. I've had it for about a year now and have put over 9000 miles on it (I'm a commuter). My friends don't mind driving with me because of all the space and leg room. It's tiny and easy to park - it only takes up about half the parking space! Overall, besides a few things, I'm content with the Versa.

Lots of cupholders! My old car only had one so this is really nice! Love the roominess and leg room. Really comfy, pretty good sound system. Great on gas and cheap to fill with rising gas prices. Big glove box. Roomy trunk.

Blind spots in rear. Not enough pickup. No armrest/center console. Clicking sound coming from from right side of car (hubcap?) really annoying - had it at dealership at least 3x to have them "fix" it. Car not that great on rough roads and bumps.