Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Awesome!!
By Tom

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My first "big/small" car. Just love the CVT, comfort, ride, silence, music system, and room. My first fill up with a new engine and town driving only was 32 mpg - can't wait to try it on the highway!!

It is SO quiet, extremely comfortable except on carpark judder bars, and performs surprisingly well for its engine capacity.

Can't BELIEVE you can't get a trip computer as an option, ABS and cruise control should be standard, more support for thighs and lumbar on the drivers seat would be nice, should have disk brakes all around. Rear seats should fold flat!

Great little car
By Kelly

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Versa, the Fit and the Yaris, and for me this was the best of the three for several reasons including available features, safety rating, performance and roominess. CVT was a plus, as well as the larger gas tank size. It's fun to drive and cute to look at. It looks and feels a lot more expensive than the sticker price. It gets loud when accelerating to higher speeds, but once speed is achieved, the ride is smooth and quite. Wish ABS was available without adding additional equipment. For mixed highway/city driving I get about 32 mpg, and that's improving each time I fill up. It's a great commuter car that's easy on the budget, well designed and one of the best in its class.

CVT, standard 6 disc CD changer, keyless entry (optional), aux input, all the space - feels bigger than most large sedans.

Standard ABS, flat folding seats/more seat configuration options like the Fit.

The great Nissan
By Russ

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well, this is my first new car, and I chose this one. I love it. It drives great, looks sexy and it is so safe. I think that I'll be very happy in this car for a long, long time!

The feel of it.

More standard selections for the S model.

No-hassle, Low-cost Daily Driver
By SanDiego999

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Versa for about seven months, and I have been delighted with it so far. My previous car was a BMW 3, which was getting too expensive to own. Obviously the Versa doesn't have the performance capabilities of the BMW, but I still find it fun to drive in daily use. I special-ordered mine with ABS, and I am glad I did -- I have felt it kick-in when stopping quickly on wet pavement. I test-drove the auto transmission and liked it, but the CVT makes the engine nearly silent in city driving and makes the process of going up hills much more pleasant. My gas mileage averages 28 in 50% heavy city traffic and hilly terrain. Our other car, a VW Golf auto, gets 22 mpg on the same routes.

Comfortable seats; high stance provides a secure feel on the SUV-populated road; quiet and smooth ride; easiest car to parallel-park I have ever owned; good sounding and easy to use stereo; spacious back seat; large side mirrors contribute to good visibility; CVT feel; high ground clearance.

Make ABS standard; improve interior lighting (difficult to put key into the ignition at night); add option for fold down rear seat cushions to provide a flat cargo area; make dashboard in fewer pieces to reduce creaks and reduce chances of future rattles; make front headrest more adjustable fore/aft.

Good Purchase
By Charlene

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the SL with the CVT. It is so much fun to drive this car. I am already getting 32 MPG. I love the interior room too. I have only had the car for 3 days but I can already tell this was a smart decision to buy this car. If you're looking for good mileage and reliability, this little gem is worth a look.

The CVT and the seats are really comfortable!!

The only thing that I could suggest is that the cup holder is a little awkwardly placed to reach the drinks but that is not a big deal for me!