Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Transmission
By foreigncars433

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

These cars run great for their first 100k. I bought one brand new and had no problems with it until about 105, when the transmission went. Costed me 2900, and the problems did not stop there. The car was great while it lasted, but did not last very long.

Cheap

Transmission, engine, basic parts

Has anyone else had this problem?
By missmyversa

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My 2007 Versa ran like a champ until 4-6 months ago when suddenly while driving would feel as if the car was not responding or had changed gears by itself.
I would shift the automatic setting from D to N and back again and that would seem to correct it for awhile.
Brakes replaced 2 months ago.
Never did feel right, at times had to stomp on brake and still feel occasional loss of control. 12/24/2013 was slowing to a stop as traffic piled up, some ice on road.
Car did not respond.
With pedal all the way down, no response. Did not spin or fishtail, did not slow, just silently slid under bumper of SUV in front and was destroyed. Never happened for husband or mechanic. Me or car?

Other than the problem above, I loved the ceiling height. Even my tall son could sit in the back seat and have head room. The seats folded down for a lot of cargo space for a small car, and it made many trips to Menards for my house projects lugging. Never could get the bluetooth aspect to work but didn't worry about it. Good gas mileage. Not bad pickup for a small car. Great visibility, few blind spots. Small irritating problem with putting windows down. If putting back windows down, had to crack open one of front windows or there would be a loud annoying noise the whole time. Seated 4 very comfortably. I test drove a 2014 Versa yesterday and preferred my 2007 but may just be missing it.

In the 2007, I would have liked the hatch open to be less rounded. It was more like an oval, which cut down on some of the things I could haul in it. In the 2014, they got rid of a couple of small things I really liked: the vanity mirror on the driver's side for us women. The center console that was big enough for all kinds of things and readily available. The ride was really bumpy on the 2014 and not sure why. The dealer told me it should be better than the 2007. The visibility didn't feel as good and it felt narrower, though the dealer showed me the specs and it said it actually had a little more cubic space. I would like to have kept the 2007 another 7 or 8 years instead!

Bad transmission
By katdunn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I initially loved my Versa.
I soon found that the quoted mpg was not as quoted, no surprise there.
I drive all highway miles to and from work.
After I purchased my Versa,I was sent an extended warranty for my transmission which expired at 120,000. This should have been the first clue that there must be a problem with the transmission. Now at 128,000 miles, my transmission starting making loud humming sounds,
the car at one point almost wouldn't go in traffic, but once it got past 20 or 30 mph it ran normally. No fluid was leaking and it's pretty much a closed system.
They didn't take much time to check it out but were very quick to give me a price on a new transmission of $2800.

Drives nice, good price, roomier than other sub- compacts that I looked at.

Obviously needs a transmission overhaul

Good starter car but never again!
By werolln_dyhatn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving the 07 hatchback for 7 years now- this was my first new car that I paid for myself. It's fun to drive (as are all manual transmission cars) but it lacks hp & zip. Mpg is good if you stay under 60 mph but if you have a lead foot like me, good luck.

Hubcaps flew off after year 1. Someone stole the antenna tip on year 2. Tires seem to have the insane will to stay flat- I don't know how often I've had to patch them up and they have the propensity to find all sharp objects and impale themselves on it. Tires have been routinely changed every year because of that. Rotors changed after 4 years. Battery after 3 years. Immaculate maintenance on my part can't help this vehicle.

6 speed manual transmission. Roomy back seat.

Bigger tires. Muffler and gas flap are both crappy- had to change the muffler at year 5 (it fell off), the gas flap won't completely close. More zip!

A HOT car...as in on fire....
By rhaines

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

#1 - 2 days ago this car spontaneously combusted.
It appears something went wrong in the electrical.

#2 Previously replaced drive shaft sensor and fuel pump in the 1.5 years I owned it.
#3 wife backed into car @ less than 5 mph....caused $1,500 + damage.

Easily falls apart.
No get up and go.
Left my family sitting watching it burn up.

Wish I never bought this car.

Also no heat / AC for the rear.
My son nearly froze / over heated because there is no air vent in the back.
The front air vents do not produce enough air to supply the back seats with the proper temperature.

He had to ride with blankets in the winter with the heat on.

Bluetooth Other than previously listed problems, reliable car.

Not so easy to fall apart. Don't randomly catch ablaze. Maybe come with a fire extinguisher. More power - many other 4 cylinder vehicles have plenty more power. Something is wrong here. Have air for the rear seats.