Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 221 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

It's a pretty good car
By Lex

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a college student and I bought this car because it was cheap, cute, and great on gas. It really hasn't let me down. I've had it for about a year now and have put over 9000 miles on it (I'm a commuter). My friends don't mind driving with me because of all the space and leg room. It's tiny and easy to park - it only takes up about half the parking space! Overall, besides a few things, I'm content with the Versa.

Lots of cupholders! My old car only had one so this is really nice! Love the roominess and leg room. Really comfy, pretty good sound system. Great on gas and cheap to fill with rising gas prices. Big glove box. Roomy trunk.

Blind spots in rear. Not enough pickup. No armrest/center console. Clicking sound coming from from right side of car (hubcap?) really annoying - had it at dealership at least 3x to have them "fix" it. Car not that great on rough roads and bumps.

Fun to Drive
By no1popz

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After 7,500 miles driving my Versa during the last 6 months I can say without hesitancy that this is the best little car I have ever owned, and I have owned lots of them from Mercedes to Ford. It's fun to drive and comfortable to ride in. Gas mileage isn't quite as advertised - the best so far 32 MPG on the highway. I am amazed that I don't see more of them on the road. I traded a PT Cruiser for this and I'm glad I did.

Controls on the steering wheel, including Bluetooth (which I still have not mastered). The smooth transmission is another plus.

Dead spot where you can't see adjacent traffic.

a lot of blind spots
By versa

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The hachback window is small and not enogh veiw out of it. The post from the side rear windows to the hachback window is to broad that is where the blind spots are. The stupid tringle windows in driver and passengers side windows are also a distraction. The sticker said 25 mpg,in town and 36 mpg highway. Well I have not done much highway driving yet but I do not get any where near 25 mpg where I live and I live in the country.

I do like the electornic key, windows,

Do a way with the tringle windows in front of car, improve veiwing out of hach window. Most of all improve miles per gallon.

So far so good
By racerx

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I'd have to say that over all, it's a pretty solid little car. Good interior space for the segment, especially the back seat. I got the 6 speed manual and boy does it require a lot of shifting. I'm in 6th by 45 mph. The fuel mileage hasn't been what I had hoped for at about 29 mpg with a mostly highway commute. Maybe it will get better with the engine completely broken in.

Perhaps a little taller final drive gear ratio for a better highway cruise.

Amazing car for the price..
By cloud9ine

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Versa is an amazing car for the price. Awesome handling, great interior and lots of space. Totally great car.

Rear legroom bigger than a Maxima's.

Steering vagueness, low-gear power a little.