Used 1997 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Best truck ever!
By Cheryl Antonucci

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned 2 nission vehicle's, I had a 2002 sentra, which I was heart broken when I was rear ended and it was totaled. Still driving the truck, it has never stranded me, or I still have not replaced anything major, just tires, battery, wiperblades, basic maintence.

Doesn't stop.
By Luke Nalder

1997 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck just keeps on going. I habe owned it for 7 years, bought it with 137,000 miles on it. I have run it through extensive heat, cold, rain and anything in between and it keeps going. It now has 189,600 miles on it and it is still running strong. In my time of owning it I have only had to replace the alternator, valve cover gasket, fuel pump and the fan clutch. Besides regular maintenance this has been a very low maintenance truck. The engine is running strong and I expect it to keep running for years to come. They don't make them like this anymore. Even in the snow my truck is only 2WD but I have never once been stuck. Put some weight in the back and you will be just fine. It's a fun truck and very reliable.

97 4x4 toyota eater
By Mr.Zeren

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

The best thing about these trucks is the little engine that could yes the 4 cyl ka24e.I owned every Nissan/Datsun they made,510,620,720 this trucks the d21 model and thank car gods that didn't put the v6 in them or we would' t be so happy with are Nissan trucks.the v6 engine is was in most pathfinders and you Doin' t see or here much about them for a reason. go look in junk yard youl see em..my friends all most drive Toyotas and my Nissan eats em up down left right around everything. save u a headache n keep,buy,push a Nissan instead of a getting a toyota.

Affordable Toyota Tacoma Alternative
By rust_belt_refugee

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I've had this truck for over a year now. Bought with 147k, now has 152k. It has been reliable. Always starts (so far!). 4x4 is pretty impressive, with good tires this truck will go most anywhere. Handling is horrible, tippy and does not stop very quickly. It is a 4x4 truck though. Fuel economy is not very good, 16-24 mpg is what I've been getting. Decent low end torque for 4 cyl but no guts on the freeway, and mtns make me search for gears. Dunno about the new Frontier, but for the price, a used Nissan pu/frontier is a good package. Consider the V6 though, more power and I don't think the fuel economy is much worse. 4 cyl is not for towing heavy stuff.

Reliable, 4x4, good field of vision (Tacomas and Rangers feel a bit like a dark cave inside in comparison), simple to work on, cheap, looks like a truck "should" i.e. basic and solid, metal bumpers in the city are nice after having a little car that was dinged several times

Jump seats in extended cab are nearly useless for adults, handling is not great, braking is poor, some interior parts are cheap, rear quarter panel window latch snapped in a strong prairie wind, very very stiff bumpy ride, more than other similar Japanese trucks

ole' red
By clif

1997 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck off of my dad as my first truck. And this truck has been through hell. Had to replace random parts such as spark plugs only complaint is that the coil is built into the distributor has 239k miles and still runs like a beast. Leaks oil off the tappet cover but other than that after 239,000 miles it will take a beating and keep running.

reliability, same engine model as the 240sx