Used 1995 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Truck

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

Why don't they make these anymore?
By Eric Soyke

1995 Nissan Truck XE V6 2dr Extended Cab SB

Dependable little truck. I have no idea why all auto makers suddenly decided everyone wanted a big truck, I like having a small maneuverable truck. The Nissan Frontier gets the same mileage today as it did 20+ years ago?

This thing has 200K and the original clutch is still going strong. Few small issues that I was able to repair myself over the past 20 years with a couple exceptions. I rated instrumentation 'Poor' because the tach has been broken for years, and the odometer only registers miles about half the time now. But apart from normal maintenance, I've probably spent maybe $1000 in repairs over two decades- pretty nice.

I'd like a crew cab as my son is now too big for the rear jumpseats unless it's a short trip around town. But I won't trade until their new ones bump up their mileage. For the mix of decent enough mileage, reliability, a peppy V-6, it's a great truck value.

1995 Nissan Pickup SE v-6 4x4 trans issues
By Colt M.

1995 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

The little pick up is a great truck, fun to drive and will go anywhere. The only problem I have with mine is the Vehicle Speed Sensor (vss) keeps breaking inside the transmission and I don't know why. I bought 3 of them valued at $120 a piece and will put the new one in, it will work great for about 5 miles and then break inside the trans. Gets real old real fast replacing a small part that keeps breaking. Now the check engine light is on which doesn't bother me. Over all the truck is awesome, slap some MTs or some aggressive ATs tires and its ready to go anywhere. Being a 4x4 v6 with 31/10.50R15 tires it gets ok mileage. Being an ext cab is has great leg room up front but the 2 back seats are small and is uncomfortable for even a kid to sit back there, great for storage tho.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Matt

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My dad bought the 95 Nissan truck for $10,500 in 1996 when I was 16 years old. In 2006 he gave it to me, and now at 34 years old, I still drive it everyday as my primary vehicle to and from work. Currently it has 180,000 miles on it and is showing no signs of slowing down. Besides routine maintenance and replacements, in almost 10 years I've only replaced the starter and power steering pump. Everything still works, including the tape deck, A/C, heater, speakers. I wax her twice a year and the paint has held its own with no signs of rust. Blue Book estimates this car is only worth about $1,500. To me, I know I can get several more years out of her. My son is five, and I'm thinking I might be able to give it to him when he turns 16. If you can find one, buy it!

An awesome truck
By schrum

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

We got this truck in '97 when it was revoked from the previous owner because he couldn't pay the payments. We have 287,000 miles on it currently and have never really had any problems on it besides a transmission going out(Due to lack of replacing fluids). It has gone all over North Carolina, and to the Beach. It is currently in poor condition due to being mistreated for so many years

It is going to be fixed right back up with a new paint job, tires and some other thingss

LOVE THIS TRUCK

Changing gears

Cup holders Better bulb sockets

FANTASTIC TRUCK
By 4thest8

1995 Nissan Truck XE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I purchased this truck from the second owner with 151K miles.
I have driven it to 168k and had absolutely no problems with it.
Installed bucket seats from a 95 Pathfinder ... recovered the headliner and installed 16" aluminum wheels and it looks like new.
AC is original and will freeze you out.
Engine runs smooth and quiet - especially for a 4 cyl. - and has never let me down.
Small oil leak was fixed with a new valve cover gasket.
This is a Colorado truck, so no rusty frame issues.
If you can find one - but it.
You won't be disappointed.

Body style - build quality - handling - cost to operate.

Better ride quality.