Used 1992 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Truck Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Truck model:

219000 miles
By D. Alexander

1992 Nissan Truck SE V6 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Bought 20 years ago with 60k on it. Paint is fading, replaced starter, muffler, brakes and tires. Basically all I've done is maintainance, that's it. Always starts, runs perfect. Rides and drives better than my 2001 Tacoma I sold! I've got a canopy on my truck to haul stuff. The 3.0 v-6 Nissan motor is the best motor made! Never seen any better. The tranny is as tight and quiet as the day I bought it. Very impressive.
Update/ I had the timing belt, water pump and rollers, coolant, fuel filter, spark plugs. $700.00
I found a licensed independent mechanic with good references. Same work was twice as much at dealership. I would have liked to support the Nissan dealership but had to save the $$. The old truck runs and drives great. Tranny is as tight as new and there is no oils seeping under truck anywhere. Pretty amazing since I don’t baby this truck at all. Now it has 223k on it I believe.
She may be not so pretty to look at but sure is dependable.

The Best Vehicle Ever
By Steve m.

1992 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB

Only 407,080 miles & still running like new. Put a new timing chain in yesterday & she is purring down the highway. Purchased in 1992, with 12miles, using synthetic oil, changing once a year, new filter every 4 months or so, other than that she is basically maintenance free. I'm in love with a piece of metal folks. The best vehicle ever.

22 Year OLd Truck Going Strong
By shuttsmeup

1992 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Only 144,000 miles, so I guess it's not quite broke in yet.
Stout truck, strong drivetrain for 4 cylinders.
Interior still in good shape, exterior still looks good (just a few rust spots).

Planning to upgrade shocks (original equip still installed), wheels/tires, etc.
Then restore body and interior to near new condition.

Lovin it!!!

2nd Post
By shadowman6

1992 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is my 2nd review. I posted the last review below. My truck has now turned over 200,000 miles and still going strong. Regular maintenance and this truck will last forever. Thanks again Nissan.

Dependability.

Air conditioning vents melt in the Florida heat.

The Best Truck Ever
By shadowman6

1992 Nissan Truck 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck in 1997 with 65,000 miles on it. I'm the second owner. I bought it without even test driving it. This has been the best vehicle I have ever bought. It now has 182,000 miles on it and I have not had to do anything to this truck except for regular maintenance which I do myself. It still has the original clutch, starter, alternator etc. The paint job isn't that great now because of the Florida sun. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and change the trans oil and rear end oil every 100,000 miles. I recommend this truck to everyone looking for a great truck. Thanks Nissan.

Very dependable.

Air conditioning vents melt in the Florida sun.