Used 2008 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Great Truck
By Adrien Skarra

2008 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought a 2008 Nissan Titan fully loaded except the nav/entertainment system. We got the nice Pebble Beach colour. Over-all we are happy with the truck, plenty of power, handles nicely, luxury interior, awesome sound system (Rockford Fosgate), rides better than a Chev although it mainly has to do with the great seats (the truck has a much more heavy duty suspension and chassis set-up), and has very unique and handy features. We although had two VERY minor issues with the truck at 20,000km. The stereo twice now stopped producing sound but was on, and was fixed by turning the truck off and restarting it. The second issue is the Tire Pressure Sensor Light is on although the tires are fine!?

The stereo system, the bed rails and rear tool box, the ride comfort, and interior space in this crew cab, WOW!!

Fuel economy stinks, needs an improvement! Only major complaint although the turning radius is a pain for tighter parking when we pick up renovation supplies and trips to the city and do our shopping there.

I Like It
By David

2008 Nissan Titan New LE 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is a 08.5, just turned 12000 miles and not a problem. I looked at all the options out there, Toyota, Ford, and Chevy. Toyota was my #1 choice but to get a crew cab you only got a 5.5 ft bed what would you do with that. I looked and compared trucks for six months. I never considered the Nissan until my wife took me over to the dealer and I have yet to look back. I Like It. It has all the options and some. I drive 60% Highway and 40% everything else. I am averaging 15 to 16.5 mpg. The 7 ft bed is great, room for all the gear, ATV, and the deer. The only thing I did not like, it is hard to find an off road friendly tire in the 20in rim with out putting on a lift.

Lots of room, the LE options. Rear seat folds up and down, Rockford Fosgate, blue tooth, sun roof, the 7 foot bed, and the rumble of the factory exhaust no need to buy an aftermarket it sounds good stock.

Intela key like the cars and suv, 110v power inverter plug in the cab and the bed. For laptop etc... the foglamps to work when the parking lights are on not only with the head lights on.

Excellent Family Truck
By Scott

2008 Nissan Titan New LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Traded a 2005 Silverado Crew Cab for the Nissan, and have been very pleased so far. Excellent power and smooth shifts. Hauls wife & kids like a full- size car, but carries anything you can throw in the back or hook to the hitch. Very comfortable seats and roomy cab with great options. Would prefer an auto 4WD mode and a Neutral on the transfer case, as well as mechanical anit-spin differentials instead of the brake system. Love the R-F sound system and the DVD entertainment. Could do without the 20" rims and low-profile tires as I prefer capability over bling. Have had a couple minor issues, but I've had that with every truck I've ever owned.

Comfortable seats, roomy interior, Rockford-Fosgate stereo system, 5- speed auto, HP and torque, overall appearance, well-built

Auto 4WD, Neutral on the transfer case, mechanical locking differential and transfer case, more aggressive tires and suspension option on the luxury model

I Like It
By Dave

2008 Nissan Titan New LE 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is an 08.5, I looked at all the others and was set on the Toyota, but the full crew cab had a poor 5.5 foot bed. What would you do with that? So my wife pointed me to look at the Nissan, and I have yet to look back, it has just turned 12000 miles, and I Like It, the fuel mileage is good between 15 and 17, 60% highway. I lost 3 mpg from my old Toyota Tacoma but gained so much more load and towing ability. With the LB there is room for the ATV, gear, and the Deer. The LE is great too and all the comforts someone could ask for. Good job Nissan.

Rockford Fosgate, power everything, bluetooth.

Intelia key like the suvs and cars, with 20 inch rims it's hard to find more off road friendly tires. Rear axle locker option in the LE.

Reliable workhorse
By Mr. T

2008 Nissan Titan New SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We found a Titan with 3600 miles on it & traded in a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. The Titan has been such a nice surprise for us. We tow a 6000lb RV and it blows our old Tahoe away with its towing capability. Smooth transmission and even better fuel mileage while towing vs. the Tahoe. As far as fuel economy goes, that too has been a pleasant surprise. We're getting about 15 to 15.5mpg in town driving. You have to keep your foot out of it for sure. Its actually a little better on fuel mileage than the Tahoe. I love the interior design & feel its definitely an improvement over the Tahoe workmanship. Smooth ride. Only downside is it is loud! I had the dealer switch out exhaust systems. All around we love this truck!

Interior is comfortable. Handling and ride are very enjoyable. Great towing ability.

Quieter exhaust system. Also make the larger towing mirrors standard on all these trucks. I wish we had that on this model.