Used 2008 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

2008.5 NISSAN TITAN LE
By nomad_1956

2008 Nissan Titan LE FFV 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This is one "great" truck, hands down. You have the feel of complete control with this truck. The performance reminds me of the 1970 Pontiac Grand Prix I once owned. Runs like a "scalded" dog. The comfort and room in the cab is not touchable by any truck maker today. "THE BEST TRUCK ON THE ROAD TODAY BAR NONE".

LE Standard Features. Got rid of the Goodyears and put Michelins on. The Rockford-Fosgate 350 watt stereo/6 disc CD & 10 speakers with subwoofer is "stinking groovy".

Need to have the moisture sensitive wiper-blades. Also the Push-button start would be nice. Wife wants the rear-backup monitor like on her 09 Murano. On the squeaking under-rear seat storage. Take the pop-out rivets that hold the bars out. cover both sides of the hole with thick tape and put back.

nice big truck
By Dave

2008 Nissan Titan SE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a Chevrolet Silverado for my Titan and the difference is night and day. I have a big V-8 and I get equal mileage as my chevy with the v-6. The unique styling takes a lot to get used to. I like how the seats are higher which gives a better view of the road and put that with the massive glass, it is like riding around in a glass car. The fuel mileage is absolutely terrible, but I put the recommended amount of MOTORKOTE in the crankcase and it increased the mileage form 13 to 14.5. The thing rides fantastic as well. very smooth. The stock stereo with 6 speakers sounds great. Seats are big, which is good for me because I am a big dude. I have had for 6 months and still can't park it very

Large cab, unique style. high seat position, large windows.

NO POWER MIRRORS on XE. poor mileage. Flex fuel mileage is worse, you would have to do the math on that. tire pressure warning light obnoxious.

Back again
By designbo

2008 Nissan Titan New XE FFV 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Well, have now 7000 miles on truck and once again all I can say is amazing truck. This truck is truly an outstanding truck. The truck preforms way past my expectations as it totally outperforms everything out there. If you want a great truck get one. My gas mileage is good for a big truck, and quick.. no one can keep up. Nissan needs to upgrade exterior design as this is the 4th year with same design, but otherwise couldn't be happier. Ride is exceptional, looks outstanding and the LE options are fantastic. If you don't consider one you have made a big mistake.

comfort, LE options, large tires, sound system and especially performance.

Nissan needs to consider redesigning the exterior as the 4th year of the same old design, though most like it as it is, should be considered.

Great Truck
By Nick

2008 Nissan Titan New LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Truck is a 2008.5 that I use for daily driving and towing a 4000+ LB boat around. I was comparing this truck to the 1/2 ton GMC and Tundra but I picked the Nissan after test driving all 3 because of the Titan's interior and exterior looks and feel. The leather seats look to be very high quality plus the dash controls and gauges are more modern looking, well placed, and practical. The performance of this truck will put a smile on your face anytime you feel the need. Gas mileage is not great but I knew that when I bought this truck. The only problems I had or have is that the rear underseat storage container squeaks and the tire pressure alarm lit up and would not reset until 40psi was used.

Exhaust sound, interior design, ride quality, Bluetooth, and stereo.

I wish the Titan came with the same windshield wipers and smart key (push button start) that is included on Nissan cars.

Great Truck
By Adrien Skarra

2008 Nissan Titan LE 4dr King Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We bought a 2008 Nissan Titan fully loaded except the nav/entertainment system. We got the nice Pebble Beach colour. Over-all we are happy with the truck, plenty of power, handles nicely, luxury interior, awesome sound system (Rockford Fosgate), rides better than a Chev although it mainly has to do with the great seats (the truck has a much more heavy duty suspension and chassis set-up), and has very unique and handy features. We although had two VERY minor issues with the truck at 20,000km. The stereo twice now stopped producing sound but was on, and was fixed by turning the truck off and restarting it. The second issue is the Tire Pressure Sensor Light is on although the tires are fine!?

The stereo system, the bed rails and rear tool box, the ride comfort, and interior space in this crew cab, WOW!!

Fuel economy stinks, needs an improvement! Only major complaint although the turning radius is a pain for tighter parking when we pick up renovation supplies and trips to the city and do our shopping there.