Used 2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

I Like It
By Dave

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab New LE 4dr Crew Cab LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It is an 08.5, I looked at all the others and was set on the Toyota, but the full crew cab had a poor 5.5 foot bed. What would you do with that? So my wife pointed me to look at the Nissan, and I have yet to look back, it has just turned 12000 miles, and I Like It, the fuel mileage is good between 15 and 17, 60% highway. I lost 3 mpg from my old Toyota Tacoma but gained so much more load and towing ability. With the LB there is room for the ATV, gear, and the Deer. The LE is great too and all the comforts someone could ask for. Good job Nissan.

Rockford Fosgate, power everything, bluetooth.

Intelia key like the suvs and cars, with 20 inch rims it's hard to find more off road friendly tires. Rear axle locker option in the LE.

Reliable workhorse
By Mr. T

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab New SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

We found a Titan with 3600 miles on it & traded in a 2000 Chevy Tahoe. The Titan has been such a nice surprise for us. We tow a 6000lb RV and it blows our old Tahoe away with its towing capability. Smooth transmission and even better fuel mileage while towing vs. the Tahoe. As far as fuel economy goes, that too has been a pleasant surprise. We're getting about 15 to 15.5mpg in town driving. You have to keep your foot out of it for sure. Its actually a little better on fuel mileage than the Tahoe. I love the interior design & feel its definitely an improvement over the Tahoe workmanship. Smooth ride. Only downside is it is loud! I had the dealer switch out exhaust systems. All around we love this truck!

Interior is comfortable. Handling and ride are very enjoyable. Great towing ability.

Quieter exhaust system. Also make the larger towing mirrors standard on all these trucks. I wish we had that on this model.

Awesome Truck, squeaks uner 10mph
By Zack

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab New XE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I live in Anchorage Alaska, so I wanted a nice 4wd vehicle that I could pull my toys with and take people along as well. The Titan has been everything I could have ever wanted it to but, until recently, I don't know if it's the harsh temperature or just a flaw from Nissan, but I've taken it back to the dealership 2x and still the axle squeaks every time I brake or just drive under 10mph. Other than that it's awesome!!

LOTS OF ROOM!!! You can seat belt 6 people inside, but you can easily fit 10 (tried and true). Took it up and down a mountain, couldn't ask for anything more.

My only complaint would be the mysterious axle squeaking that the dealership can't seem to fix.

Good Truck/Bad Company
By John

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE FFV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Did my homework. I love my Titan with a couple of exceptions. Soon after purchase, it felt like there was a role of quarters in the left side of my seat cushion. To their credit, dealer replaced seat. However, seat is still uncomfortable (should have got the leather I suppose). Also, the truck has no outside temp gauge - I can't believe it. Dealer is no help and emails and calls to Nissan net no response at all. As a result, I will never buy another Nissan product. Other than that, I really do like everything else about this truck. But alas, I hear Nissan is giving up after their first try. I wonder where the Tundra would be if Toyota gave up after just one shot at it?

Power, smooth tranny, ride, four doors AND long bed in 1/2 ton, lots of room, built in outside extending mirrors, spray in bedliner, tie down cleats, auto windows down with keyfob, soft lowering tailgate, backup warning system, and my front bench seat. Hardly notice my 26' trailer, except at pump.

Add an outside temp gauge, make front seat more comfortable, and work on improving gas mileage. Also, the receiver for trailer hitch is too high - may want to checkout industry standard.

Love It
By Romanjr66

2008 Nissan Titan Crew Cab New XE 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Love all the extra interior room.Traded in an extended cab Z71 for crew cab Titan. Mpg is what I expected for a full size truck.

crew cab comfort.