Used 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

05 Titan after 2 years
By JP

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

After two years I still like this truck. Out of the many vehicles I have owned, this is the best. Great power, comfortable, towing is a breeze. If you are in the market for a ½ ton truck that will work like a ¾ ton, I highly recommend driving the Nissan Titan.

Adjustable foot pedals, interior, sprayed in bed liner, tie-down rail system, and of course power and towing.

Heavy-duty brakes, brakes upgraded once. Upgrade the wheels, Nissan wheels are just standard. Back of passengers seat replaced 3x, keeps coming loose.

Greeeeeat Pickup
By jack

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Titan for over two years with little or no problems. It looks great, runs great, fun to drive and has all the creature comforts. Has great power on and off road, mileage varies according to pedal pressure :o) but if I use cruise it is decent on highway. I have gotten over 20 on one trip, I attribute that to the bed cap, using synthetic oil. It tows great. It is a terrific truck

Electric rear window, windows that go all the way down in the back, POWER! overhead bins, console and lots of room inside front and back

Find a way to turn off the rear cab light manually, need a locking gas cap door, a fold flat rear seat would be really cool, front bumper sensors, diesel engine option, get rid of the tracks on the roof.

It does its job
By rob

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

It does its job. Obviously the gas mileage is insane but it's a huge truck. Everyone who sees it says they love it. I love it too but there are are many things I would change. Has a lack of brakes.

Power, speed, attitude, aggressive.

Need better brakes. Need plushy leather. Interior is all plastic and easily scratches and breaks. Some system to help you park because its almost impossible to park lol. Push button start. Better air conditioning.

First Titan
By Cameron Green

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Titan used back in January. Before the Titan I had 2000 Silverado. Night and day difference! The Titan gets better gas mileage, has power to give and rides great. Before I decided to buy my Titan, I was looking at a 2007 Sierra. The Titan has more room, and with me being 6-2 that helps. I can put my family of four in it and not worry about how cramped the kids are. I love the seats and the interior, it feels like a truck but yet comfortable. I recently went on a weekend camping trip, pulling a pop-up. Got the same gas mileage pulling the pop up as I do in the city. I also like the tailgate a nice safety feature with young boys running around. Love this truck!

Power, handling, interior, safety tailgate, storage pockets everywhere. Engine sound at start-up!

Better gas mileage but not complaining, I bought a truck. Better brakes, and a fewer rattles from truck.

My Fun Truck
By Larry E. Olson

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

With exception performance and with just 500 miles on the new engine I traveled to the West Coast with a trailer to purchase and haul back 4 Cushman motorcycles. Driving through snow cover mountain passes, windy valleys and heavy rains the Titan preformed exceptionally well. I was totally pleased with its handling and towing capabilities. I had severe head winds on the return trip and still the Titan was able to make the trip and surpassed all my expectations. I was so pleased that I stopped into Gateway Nissan and shared with the dealership personnel copies of the recent article in Popular Mechanics (Mar 2007), all the good comments I received and my trip experiences. The truck is awesome!

Leather seats, Navigation system, Performance and power, low mellow tone, road handling on wet, ice and snow covered roads, fuel consumption monitors, short turning radius.

Debris deflector. Vehicle seems prone to accepting flying sand and gravel from other vehicles. Windshield was chipped before I could purchase and install a wind/debris deflector on the hood. This seems to help.