Used 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Lovin my New Baby!!!
By Rachie

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought my 05 Titan about a month ago after owning a 06 Equinox for about 9 months and before that a 00 blazer for 5 yrs. I had 2 have my 4x4 back!! This truck is awesome. Very comfortable and actually handles better than my previous vehicles!!My sister had one before me and she loves her also. The fuel economy is the ONLY thing that I hate. Right now mine is averaging 12.5 mgp. Stinks, but the horsepower this truck has is incredible. I have only got to drive in a few snows this yr with it but it has done excellent. I would recommend this truck to anyone but if you're looking for fuel economy, his is not it. Overall though, I absolutely love this truck and would buy another one!!

Comfort, handling, 6 CD changer, middle console. The back has more room than my Equinox!! Overall everything!!

FUEL FUEL FUEL!!!! The fuel economy is this truck stinks!! 12.5??? I was hoping to at least get 15. I'm not even hard on the gas pedal haha.

After 2.5 years of driving the Titan
By Bob

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I spent quite a bit of time researching full sized trucks before choosing the Titan. I am not a contractor or towing sort. My two choices ended up being the Titan or Ridgeline. After kicking the tires and test driving, I went with the Titan. Wifey liked the Titan after driving both, which surprised me since the Ridge has the independent suspension and better ride. Roomy, definite power, great sound from the Fosgate and exhaust (if you like that sort of thing), nice amenities with the LE model. Overall, I am pleased with the Titan after 2.5 years and 15k miles.

Interior room, engine, big back window, dampened tailgate (was injured when opening a friends Escalade tailgate thinking it had the same controlled open mechanism..a $55k vehicle!), engine sound, auto up on the front windows, Fosgate audio, outside rear storage compartment, bed tie-downs.

Build quality with windows loose in tracks, brakes (had them with rotors replaced after 3k miles - on warranty from dealer, with no issues), mpg is low-but I knew that b4 buying.

Best Vehicle I've Owned
By TC

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

This truck has been rock solid since I drove it off the lot. I drive a ton of miles and it is very comfortable. It turns a lot of heads, too. It has some great features for a moderately priced truck. I compared them all but after I drove the Titan, there was no way I would drive any other.

Rear power window, speed sensitive volume on stereo, Flex Fuel.

Don't mess with perfection.

Excellent truck
By Jeff S.

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this to haul our 4 horse trailer since the standard iterations of the domestic vehicles were not even close towing wise. This truck has exceeded my expectations!! It is able to tow 7500 pounds without a problem. The ride is like a luxury car and the cabin is super quiet. I am looking now at buying another car and they are so loud compared to this thing. It has the most comfortable cab I have been in. The downside is that the brakes did need to be replaced under warranty. The brakes could also be a little more powerful. I see about 15 mpg overall and have seen 17.6 mpg HWY.

The ride and comfort of the cab.

Stronger brakes.

'05 Titan review
By dslater

2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a lot of trucks in my 63 years in Alaska. This is one strong, powerful mama. I pull a 4500 lb boat up a long pass and it pulls effortlessly throughout the rpm range at 14 mpg average (19/20 empty on the road). Great torque. On a long trip, my wife doesn't complain about seat discomfort and really loves the truck also... which is a real plus. I love this truck!

Other than power, the interior is exactly perfect for me, the seats are comfortable. My wife loves the assisted tailgate and the backup sensors. And the sound system is to die for.

Better quality OEM tires. These Goodyear SRAs are junk. I have 35,000 on the truck and have replaced 2 for failure and most have lost their tread. New tires next month.