Used 2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 279 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Titan Rocks!
By gatorce

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I’ve owned 4x4’s for 25 years, both as daily transportation and for getting to the “backwoods.” The Titan gets the job done! I’ve owned GM, Ford 4x4, Dodge, Jeep, and Nissan vehicles, and none of those compared with the Titan for quality of build and performance.

My favorite feature of the Titan is its raw power. It “gets it” on the highway, in-town, and the wooly swamp.

The only drawback is gas consumption. If there is a way to maintain horsepower and improve fuel economy, the Titan would be the perfect truck.

Titan
By Jake

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned several other 1/2 ton pickups in the past and nothing can compare to the power. I tow a 25' camper trailer with ease and the automatic shifting is awesome to use while towing. I have almost 36,000 miles on it and have had issues with the front end, cv joints, brakes, front bearings which the dealership has not been able to find the problem yet. When turning it grinds metal on metal, they've replaced the hubs, but the problem is still there. They had a recall on the brakes too when I first got it, They ended up putting bigger rotors and pads on the front end. The old were to small and they would worp every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. Haven't had issues with the brakes since.

The power, ride and comfort.

Stronger rear leaf springs, They sag when towing, even with an Equilizer hitch. I'm looking at adding Firestone airbags.

love my titan
By nissan titan

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

after owning a 1989 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 that I swore never to get rid of, even though I put in more money to maintain it as I did to purchase it, I moved to NH and decided that I needed a reliable vehicle to survive the elements. I now feel safer driving in the winter elements than I ever would have before and as an added bonus feel as if I am driving a luxury vehicle instead of a 4x4

I am a man of larger stature, and am so comfortable in the truck. The roomy interior is exceptionable!

The heating and cooling delivery to passengers in the back could be a bit boosted. The biggest improvement would be to have the vehicle run on bio-diesel fuel.

Rave review.
By Mike

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful truck; fun to drive. Handles everything I thorw at it, and I play hard.

I will buy another Titan
By Mike Harris

2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned my Titan for a year and a half I have recentley been doing some research for a new vechicle. After looking at a number of candidates and test driving some, I have come to the same conclustion as before, the Titan is best. I looked closely at the Honda Rigdeline (for its carlike ride), Jeep Rubicon(for its off-road capabilities) and the standard domestic trucks. Although each of the above vechicles had strong points they also had weak areas which disqualified them for me. The Titan I rated at least an 8 in the lowest catogory in this review and in most cases 9 or 10. I now have 80,000 miles on it and it is still the finest truck I have ever driven.

Drivetrain no question about it. I have over 80,000 miles and the engine does not burn any oil and more amazingly the exhaust tailpipe still looks brand new (no smut or oil residue). The ride and comfort of the interior is rated tops and above all it is a true 4 x 4 truck. Still no body rattles.

The 2 main areas of weakness are 1. The front rotors and brakes on the model I have started to warp and loose braking ability. The car dealership replaced the neccessary parts and everthing has been fine. I understand on later models that is fixed from the factory. 2. The 200 lbs tailgate rat1ng.