Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 496 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Nissan made a Monster
By Jay

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many trucks and the Titan is the best thing going. The 08 Tundra and 04 and up F150 have a better towing weight but that's where it ends. The titan has a roomier back seat then the F150 and Crewmax, (Chevy is even close). I have the Deep Ocean Blue and get comments on the color continously. There were some recalls on the brakes and seatbelts on the back seat but fully covered by the dealorship so no big deal. The interior is basic, lots of plastic, but I have found an aftermarket dash kit that brings it up to date. I can not rave about the power this truck has to offer and the Dana 450 rear end is awsome. (replace the steel cover on the diffential) Nissan has created a monster

The unmatched power. The roomy interior and head room, I'm 6'5'' and feel small. The comfort of the seats. I love the lines on the exterior, very bold and I catch Chevy owners staring at the redlights. This truck would pull a house down. I love the MP3 outlet. The throaty sound of the exhaust.

Again, I'm 6'5'' and the rearview mirror creates a needless blindspot. I'd say fuel consumption but it's a truck not a car so I can live with the 16/18 mgp. It's not for me but perhaps a V6 model out there for those interested in fuel economy but I imagine it would only increase MPG to 18/20.

Best I've ever had
By Res

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many trucks and have finally found a keeper. When I first got behind the wheel to drive it my first thought was this truck has an engine. Full of power and can pull anything. The interior is put together very nice but it is kind of bland. I am looking at an aftermarket dash dress up kit to spice up the interior. I love the exterior lines of the truck. It stands tall with all the other trucks out there and has a nice throaty sound emitting from the exhaust. The factory tie downs in the bed are pure genius and the most handy thing on the truck when you need it. The only downfall is the fuel mileage, but it's a truck and you're not going to get good gas mileage with any truck.

I can't narrow this down to just one item. I love everything about the Titan. This truck has more power and pull then anything out there except for the Tundra, but thats a $48k truck

The only improvement I see would be a dash kit to dress up the interior. I have heard that the differental case on some of the trucks does need replacing due to a flaw. Talk to you local dealorship as some will replace it at no charge as it is a known problem.

Good truck but some problems
By mikev83

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My Nissan Titan is a good looking truck with lots of power and plenty of room in the cab for 5 large adults. I have been generally pleased with the performance but have had some reliability issues. The first problem was with a shuddering caused by the front brakes. The dealership replaced the front brakes. The next thing that happened was the paint on the steering column started flecking away by the radio controls. Just a couple of months ago the AM portion of the radio failed and Nissan wouldn't replace it (the cost to replace the radio is over $1,000 since the radio is part of the CD).

Power and towing capability. Inside room.

Nissan needs to stand behind its vehicle when reliability issues surface.

Time Tested Review
By JC

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Satisfied owner after 3 1/2 yrs / 50k mi. 2 recalls (FT rotors & R doors). Normal driving 15/16 City – 17/18 hwy. Solid engine and drivetrain gives you a feel of confidence in this vehicle. Excellent interior room, handling, acceleration, ride comfort, and large windows that will spoil you from enjoying other vehicles of this class and price range. Paint, trim, and OE 18” alloyed wheels have proven the test of time without defect. Highly recommend potential ½ ton P/U buyers test drive before buying from the competition.

Immediate acceleration w/o delay or hesitation, 18” OE alloyed wheels, large windows, and interior cab room. Most of all, solid reliability.

Heavier exterior sheet metal in fender, door panels etc. Make driving lights standard or improve headlight projecting to road. More headlight projection needed w/o driving lights. Ditch the adjustable A/C vents and go with a fixed adjustable vent like on F-150. Incorporate MDS engine.

2004 Nissan Titan
By Hpinut

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I tow a 7000 lb trailer every weekend, pulls great. The only beef I have is the gas mileage - it's 13 mpg :( - but for the power I can live with it! Whether I'm going to work or going to race, the truck starts everytime, always gets me home, what more can I ask for!

Engine 305 HP.