Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 499 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

My Titan
By Everett Blakely

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I got the cheap Titan, but it is by far fancier than other makes, for a basic. The looks are great and the room is just as great. The only thing that I wish was better was the gas mpg, but I have to remember, it is a titan. Thank goodness cruise control is standard equipment, because this truck really hauls.

Power and cabin room

Better mpg. Not so much plastic on dash.

Great truck
By Romiesmith

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

My family and I love our Titan no problems

DVD, nav, heated seats, trip computer, cup holders,

The passenger seat is made for business use when it's folded down. Up it is only useable if your stopped. You can't even leave a note pad on it without it sliding off onto the floor. need a flat writing surface in cab.

Best Truck made in America
By rntshy

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab LE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

144K and running like a champ. Great at towing, super comfort, kids like the entertainment system, plenty of power.

ride and accelleration. Super dependable

sturdier bumpers

Nissan made a Monster
By Jay

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many trucks and the Titan is the best thing going. The 08 Tundra and 04 and up F150 have a better towing weight but that's where it ends. The titan has a roomier back seat then the F150 and Crewmax, (Chevy is even close). I have the Deep Ocean Blue and get comments on the color continously. There were some recalls on the brakes and seatbelts on the back seat but fully covered by the dealorship so no big deal. The interior is basic, lots of plastic, but I have found an aftermarket dash kit that brings it up to date. I can not rave about the power this truck has to offer and the Dana 450 rear end is awsome. (replace the steel cover on the diffential) Nissan has created a monster

The unmatched power. The roomy interior and head room, I'm 6'5'' and feel small. The comfort of the seats. I love the lines on the exterior, very bold and I catch Chevy owners staring at the redlights. This truck would pull a house down. I love the MP3 outlet. The throaty sound of the exhaust.

Again, I'm 6'5'' and the rearview mirror creates a needless blindspot. I'd say fuel consumption but it's a truck not a car so I can live with the 16/18 mgp. It's not for me but perhaps a V6 model out there for those interested in fuel economy but I imagine it would only increase MPG to 18/20.

Best I've ever had
By Res

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many trucks and have finally found a keeper. When I first got behind the wheel to drive it my first thought was this truck has an engine. Full of power and can pull anything. The interior is put together very nice but it is kind of bland. I am looking at an aftermarket dash dress up kit to spice up the interior. I love the exterior lines of the truck. It stands tall with all the other trucks out there and has a nice throaty sound emitting from the exhaust. The factory tie downs in the bed are pure genius and the most handy thing on the truck when you need it. The only downfall is the fuel mileage, but it's a truck and you're not going to get good gas mileage with any truck.

I can't narrow this down to just one item. I love everything about the Titan. This truck has more power and pull then anything out there except for the Tundra, but thats a $48k truck

The only improvement I see would be a dash kit to dress up the interior. I have heard that the differental case on some of the trucks does need replacing due to a flaw. Talk to you local dealorship as some will replace it at no charge as it is a known problem.