Used 2004 Nissan Titan Consumer Reviews - 499 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Titan

View reviews for a specific Titan model:

Lights out
By mark skipper

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have been pretty pleased with this truck. Dealer fixed brake problems early on. One thing though is that many times at night when I turn on the right hand turn signal the lights go off. This has scared the crap out of me as driving at high speeds at night and the lights go out when I turn on the right hand signal and a few times when I go from dims to bright. Anyone else experience this? Always in a panic to turn them back on.

Plenty of power and great stereo. Starts every time quickly.

Make the light signal switch stiffer where the lights don't go out when you turn the signal on or adjust the brights. Good way to cause a wreck. Any recalls on this?

Problems with Vehicle
By Waterlogged

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bedliner bubbles, Water intrusion on passenger side interior after it rains which has caused entire interior MOLD issues, seats, carpet and more. Rain also causes doors to pour out water when opened. Rusting has appeared on front passenger tire as well as metal parts in the interior of the vehicle. Attempts to fix this have been unsuccessful.

Due to the mold issues I no longer can drive this vehicle. Before that I enjoyed driving the truck. The interior cabin is roomy.

Better spray in Liners, A/C system needs work so that other people do not have the same problems I have encountered. It is a horrible feeling to see my vehicle in such poor condition. Due to the Mold I will never get in the vehicle again nor will any of my family members due to health risk.

Front left seal at Pumpkin leakage
By Brian Miller

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr King Cab SE 4WD SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I brought my truck to the dealership after noticed a shiny area around mt front diff when I put my hand up to touch it it moved around like a joy stick. I bough it to the dealer and they popped the seal back in and filled it back up with diff fluid. They refused to cover it under warranty because I have a PRG leveling kit, I know other who have had the same problem lift kit or not and got it covered. I spent $95. Very disappointing.

rear diff lock, power cargo sorage system.

brake pad made of a cleaner material, the front brake dust still is a regular problem after nearly 5 years and I need a foaming brake dust remover every 2 weeks to remove the grime from they cheap brakes

Great truck
By jirvine

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab SE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my titan for five years. I have 163k miles and it still runs like the day i bought. Could not ask for a better truck

Room, power, exhaust,

20 inch rims factory

Tough Truck
By Major Disaster

2004 Nissan Titan 4dr Crew Cab XE Rwd SB (5.6L 8cyl 5A)

Researched full sized trucks and chose Titan in 2004, after driving the others. Never regretted it, now has 80,000 miles on it without a complaint. Factory replaced original rotors after first ones warped early on, and no further problems and couple minor recall items fixed. Strong truck with torque-monster motor, have pulled big trailers, loaded it up even beyond it's capacity and no complaints from it. Huge interior, now wife drives it regularly, with two big dogs in pack seat. Sad to hear that Nissan will discontinue it soon, would replace it with another one if they are still around, but it's indestructible for now.

tons of power, comfortable interior, capable big truck, dependable work partner.

can't think of any. Nissan has been very supportive of problems.